Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Couldn't you just modify the join for faster drivers?

Instead of that one, fat nub, could they make it thinner with a few, smaller nubs, so that it would resemble a, uh, "ribbed" puzzle locking joint for our pleasure? Or maybe zigzag the joint?
Good point, with a more rigid overmold it should be possible to make the rim wall thinner at least... but I'm in over my head as far as material science goes so I'll settle for wathever MVP says is possible, and hope they get some ideas out of this if they didn't already have them :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

The bulk of the weight in the rim is still far from the outer edge in drivers (the sharper the nose and the wider the rim the farther it gets), there's definitely potential for getting it more rim-weighted there. I'm not sure it's enough to make a huge difference, but that could easily be calculated if we knew the specific gravities of the core plastic and the overmold, preferably the lightest and heaviest versions of both.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Lets not get off topic here people, this is the VECTOR thread, not the MVP thread.

Do we have any clue when the unstamped discs will be for sale?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via AIM to xJFK
i think he said on DGR after the first production runs get out, they'll start running blanks
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM
* Ace Member *

So it could be days or even weeks... oh joy.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
The bulk of the weight in the rim is still far from the outer edge in drivers (the sharper the nose and the wider the rim the farther it gets), there's definitely potential for getting it more rim-weighted there. I'm not sure it's enough to make a huge difference, but that could easily be calculated if we knew the specific gravities of the core plastic and the overmold, preferably the lightest and heaviest versions of both.
Good point...There are going to be some crazy designs coming out as MVP is proving that gyroscopics is the key to new disc designs. I could see some designs that look a bit like the Blitz/Groove/Monarch, but with the purpose of getting as much plastic to the outside as possible.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 24
Send a message via AIM to Animage
I forgot to ask. How do these feel in the hand weight wise? I'm talking like a 175 Pig vs a 175 Aviar, where the pig feels like it weighs twice as much.

Ions don't feel like they're weighted any different to me than any other same weight disc, but the Vector just looks to me like it's going to feel heavy.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Vector Tester

I got to test the Vector quite a bit more today. Conditions were different...I played an open course and it was unseasonably warm and humid (even for FL). I was also pretty sore from yesterday since I haven't been playing a lot, so I feel that I wasn't getting quite the power/snap/timing that I was yesterday.

Due to some combination of the reasons above, the Vector seemed more stable to me today...So I want to let people know that this is definitely an overstable disc that is meant to be powered in the same manner as a Roc/Buzzz/Warrior etc. It is not a finesse disc, at least not at 177g, and not when new. It glides well, but it does need to be thrown at medium to high speeds to "go". I got to throw a lot of hyzers today with different wind directions and the Vector really excels at this. It is great for hyzers...I also got a better idea of it's speed/range...I really don't think it is any faster/farther flying than a Buzzz, but it can be thrown with much more abandon without worry. It really is as if the Buzzz and Roc had a child...Buzzz speed and glide with Roc stability, which BTW is all I've ever wanted in a mid.

So far I haven't missed my Buzzzes...My Fuses have been awesome (I added a new one to compliment the one that's been in the bag for a year now), and the Vector seems to compliment it seamlessly with very little overlap. They also feel almost the same in the hand. The sidewall is the same size, the way the flightplate meets the wall is the same, and the round feel on the bottom of the discs is the same as well.

It will be interesting for me to see more different people throw it, especially those in the lower spectrum of power.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animage View Post
I forgot to ask. How do these feel in the hand weight wise? I'm talking like a 175 Pig vs a 175 Aviar, where the pig feels like it weighs twice as much.

Ions don't feel like they're weighted any different to me than any other same weight disc, but the Vector just looks to me like it's going to feel heavy.
It looked that way to me as well in the pics, but the disc is a lot leaner than it looks in those pics. I throw 177 Buzzzes and Fuses, which feel the same. The Vector feels exactly the same to me as well.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I got to test the Vector quite a bit more today. Conditions were different...I played an open course and it was unseasonably warm and humid (even for FL). I was also pretty sore from yesterday since I haven't been playing a lot, so I feel that I wasn't getting quite the power/snap/timing that I was yesterday.

Due to some combination of the reasons above, the Vector seemed more stable to me today...So I want to let people know that this is definitely an overstable disc that is meant to be powered in the same manner as a Roc/Buzzz/Warrior etc. It is not a finesse disc, at least not at 177g, and not when new. It glides well, but it does need to be thrown at medium to high speeds to "go". I got to throw a lot of hyzers today with different wind directions and the Vector really excels at this. It is great for hyzers...I also got a better idea of it's speed/range...I really don't think it is any faster/farther flying than a Buzzz, but it can be thrown with much more abandon without worry. It really is as if the Buzzz and Roc had a child...Buzzz speed and glide with Roc stability, which BTW is all I've ever wanted in a mid.

So far I haven't missed my Buzzzes...My Fuses have been awesome (I added a new one to compliment the one that's been in the bag for a year now), and the Vector seems to compliment it seamlessly with very little overlap. They also feel almost the same in the hand. The sidewall is the same size, the way the flightplate meets the wall is the same, and the round feel on the bottom of the discs is the same as well.

It will be interesting for me to see more different people throw it, especially those in the lower spectrum of power.
Translation: This thing is amazing and its everything you want in a midrange.