Disc Golf Store
Old 03-22-2011, 01:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
My 180 roc feels lighter than my 174 vector when i let them rip, i wonder what a 180 vector would feel like.
I completely agree with this. My three are all 177g. I would be guessing but it could be that the majority of the weight is in the rim instead of more evenly distributed like a normal mid. Having that weight far from your grip could be giving you the sense of it being heavier.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Man, after much testing and thought, I gotta say I'm disappointed in my vector. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice disc. But I got one that is completely flat and dead-nuts straight. It feels a lot like my z buzz and my gl core. Gotta get the wasp back in my bag and ditch the vector. Anybody interested in a green, 177 g, flat, straight vector?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Man, after much testing and thought, I gotta say I'm disappointed in my vector. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice disc. But I got one that is completely flat and dead-nuts straight. It feels a lot like my z buzz and my gl core. Gotta get the wasp back in my bag and ditch the vector. Anybody interested in a green, 177 g, flat, straight vector?

I would love it, but i just got a new one with mad dome that im going to be testing.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I completely agree with this. My three are all 177g. I would be guessing but it could be that the majority of the weight is in the rim instead of more evenly distributed like a normal mid. Having that weight far from your grip could be giving you the sense of it being heavier.
That would make sense, the more weight toward the rim the more inertia against spin it'll have when you try to throw it. It also means once you get it spinning it will want to stay spinning longer than a similarly weighted disc with less of the weight toward the outside.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 71
My buddy tried the Vector and hated it. Yesterday he missed a shot with it, took it out of his bag, and actually walked to his car to replace it on the first hole. Cussin' and spittin' the whole way.

I proceeded to hit two baskets from outside 100' with mine that same round, which led to: "What the f*ck? Why doesn't mine do that?" Lol!

Still lovin' this thing!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
He must be doing something wrong! I need to get one of these, sounds like a dream mid for a forehand player...I love my demon but I hate the skip, I imagine these sit pretty well?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 15
Ehh, mine (178) skips a bit. I think it may be that it's hard to slow these things down once they get going. I find that it will pop up and push foward some more rather than get airborn and fade.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I haven't been having a problem with mine skipping too much. On a different note, i love how much of a meat hook these are when not thrown full power. If i ever need to just pitch out of a bad spot i pull this baby out and gain some ground at the same time.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO CROWS View Post
Ehh, mine (178) skips a bit. I think it may be that it's hard to slow these things down once they get going. I find that it will pop up and push foward some more rather than get airborn and fade.
That's an ok skip. My demon does the airborne fade trick and turns a park to a long shot hail mary putt...it's one of those things that is hard to accomodate, especially when you have a tight line, you can't push it wide so it skips to the basket sometimes but it is still the "right" disc for that shot (minus the stupid skip).

I will have to give one a shot.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I haven't been having a problem with mine skipping too much. On a different note, i love how much of a meat hook these are when not thrown full power. If i ever need to just pitch out of a bad spot i pull this baby out and gain some ground at the same time.
Is your's domey?