Old 03-29-2011, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked312 View Post
Yea as was I. Prime's solution was to "let it sit out in the sun for a day". I worked this disc over with a hair dryer and it was so warped that it barely made a difference. That and the consistent 30 degree days here are not fixing that disc.

I might expect that if it was a used disc, but to buy a brand new disc and that was their solution was pretty lame.

Thanks again MVP!
I'm not sure I'd like that answer either, but FWIW I do think the discs do usually come back to shape. I've opened several boxes of Vectors, and it seems the discs on the top of the stacks got their domes pushed in. However, they all came back to shape after a couple of days totally on their own. CDGS told me that they had some warped ones when they first got their Vectors...When I went in 2 days later they had all gone back to shape and we couldn't find a single warped example.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Discs do seem to get their shape back, but I have had a couple (Not MVP brand) that I have received with the flight plate indented. I pop it out and it seemed to pop back and forth, but I figured I'd just let it alone since it was popped out into place, but then, on down the road when I went to throw the disc that was popped in, it no longer will pop back and forth and seems to just be back to true form but winds up flying way flippier than its identical twin I bought with it.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 34
Yea I had it for 2 weeks before I sent it back so I was hoping it would regain its form. I'm fairly positive it was from the shipping, because this is the third vector I have had and they have all been flawless so far.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
I think MVP's new stamping setup is warping the flight plate an some discs. That may be a bold statement but when I first got my vector it was warped as well. It looked like it was warped where the MVP is at the bottom of the stamp like I've seen on a lot of Discraft. I also bought a few ION's the other day and of the 8 they had 6 had sunken in flight plates. I bought a 173 soft that is concave on top just to see what the difference would be and so far it looks like it just lost some glide.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:45 AM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO CROWS View Post
I think MVP's new stamping setup is warping the flight plate an some discs. That may be a bold statement but when I first got my vector it was warped as well. It looked like it was warped where the MVP is at the bottom of the stamp like I've seen on a lot of Discraft. I also bought a few ION's the other day and of the 8 they had 6 had sunken in flight plates. I bought a 173 soft that is concave on top just to see what the difference would be and so far it looks like it just lost some glide.
We have no 'new' stamping setup. Our hotstamping process has been the exact same since the beginning. I can assure you warped discs are not from the hotstamping process. No warped discs leave our factory into the market. Other outside influences such as weather and mailing can be the only problem as this is with any other companies discs.

We are proud of our quality control and would never deliver our products in such state.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO CROWS View Post
I've seen some soft Ions like this. However, I've looked at over 100 Vectors and i've seen no evidence of this issue with them. Just remember, whenever MVP notices stuff like this (or we let them know) they will immediately start working on fixes. For example, on all of my Vectors I can see some little circular marks on the back of the disc. I believe this is because MVP is now propping the domes up from underneath while stamping to avoid these issues. They will probably use this method for stamping Ions as well.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:49 AM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've seen some soft Ions like this. However, I've looked at over 100 Vectors and i've seen no evidence of this issue with them. Just remember, whenever MVP notices stuff like this (or we let them know) they will immediately start working on fixes. For example, on all of my Vectors I can see some little circular marks on the back of the disc.
There were a few with the minor circular marks, and that has been eliminated completely.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Those circle marks are barely noticeable...I just look more closely than most. I was just glad that it seemed you guys were figuring ways to get more consistent domes and good stamps.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
We have no 'new' stamping setup. Our hotstamping process has been the exact same since the beginning. I can assure you warped discs are not from the hotstamping process. No warped discs leave our factory into the market. Other outside influences such as weather and mailing can be the only problem as this is with any other companies discs.

We are proud of our quality control and would never deliver our products in such state.
VERY glad to here this I love all the MVP stuff. I will post up some pics of the ION I have so you can see what the ones on the shelf at my local look like. Maybe someone can go bust some heads in the shipping dept. You won't like what you see.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 26
You think if I complain to MVP that their 'overstable' midrange they sold me is too straight, I can get a domey one?