Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
In lieu of our new disc... our new fan page (Link). We will continue to post all our updates, including details of our new overmolded midrange, the Vector there.

Feel free to ask me questions!

Thanks,
~Chad
Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 11
On this bandwagon
Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 19
Send a message via AIM to tstack10 Send a message via Yahoo to tstack10
Ready to check it out. Like the ion but not really for putting so see how this could fit into my bag.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Throwing Style: RHFH
Oooh man, it's going to be a long spring of testing mids again.

Side note: I'm liking the naming trend of MVP.. here's hoping for a driver named the "Tensor".
Old 12-21-2010, 05:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
In lieu of our new disc... our new fan page (Link). We will continue to post all our updates, including details of our new overmolded midrange, the Vector there.

Feel free to ask me questions!

Thanks,
~Chad
Ok
Beaded?
wing profile shape? (pics ideal)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I don't think it is going to be an overstable disc at all. I think it will be a disc that you can throw flat and relatively hard and get a long and straight flight that does not turnover with a late fade (at least this is what I hope). I imagine that new and heavier Vectors will have some fade on lower speed shots, but who knows.

Another thing I find interesting is that this mid (at least the one they sent in to get tested by the PDGA) is taller than the Ion by a couple of millimeters. It's the same height as the Buzzz SS, Comet, and Mako.

I'm also guessing that the wing is an L type or maybe even slighly convex like the Mako/MD2 in order to allow room for the undermold to lock into the overmold.
This sounds like my original core. How I miss that disc.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to inscho
sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I don't think it is going to be an overstable disc at all. I think it will be a disc that you can throw flat and relatively hard and get a long and straight flight that does not turnover with a late fade (at least this is what I hope). I imagine that new and heavier Vectors will have some fade on lower speed shots, but who knows.

Another thing I find interesting is that this mid (at least the one they sent in to get tested by the PDGA) is taller than the Ion by a couple of millimeters. It's the same height as the Buzzz SS, Comet, and Mako.

I'm also guessing that the wing is an L type or maybe even slighly convex like the Mako/MD2 in order to allow room for the undermold to lock into the overmold.
Im hoping it feels like the Ion under the rim. I really loved the Ion. How it felt, the lines I could put it on, it just didnt mesh with me as a putter. I thought about carrying one around to use as a mid but this will be even better I think to get me more into the mid range distance.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Chad is going to come on at some point today and give some more details. What I can say is the Vector is indeed beaded, however, due to overmold it will not have as deep of a grip as a Roc or a Comet. I guess Chad reads too much DGR( ) and wanted to put a bead on it to make it stable to overstable and then have the option to later release a less stable beadless mid. I don't think Chad is going to talk too much about flight at this point since the discs that will be sold aren't even produced yet. So Chad doesn't want to speculate, but I'll speculate like crazy since I bear little responsibility for the final product. The bottom line is that I trust these guys 100% to make more awesome discs.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 23
I've got mixed feelings about this disc. I love my Buzzzes, and I've got enough to last me another 5+ years. I'm hoping this compliments the Buzzz really well, because if it is replacing the Buzzz in terms of flight/stability its going to have to do a damn good job to make it in the bag...which would suck because I've been dreaming of an MVP mid since I started throwing the Ion.