Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Bogey Member

The impression I'm getting is that the glow vectors are typically less stable than their non-glow counterparts (talking production runs). Is this correct? Mike C, I watched your video and your glows were far straiter, but is that just because of your domey FR? Hard Normal Daddy is the dog's balls btw.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Yes, the Eclipse Vectors not as beefy as the FR or production runs. Quite noticeably at that.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incunabula View Post
The impression I'm getting is that the glow vectors are typically less stable than their non-glow counterparts (talking production runs). Is this correct? Mike C, I watched your video and your glows were far straiter, but is that just because of your domey FR? Hard Normal Daddy is the dog's balls btw.
To each his own, hard normal daddy owns.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Yes, the Eclipse Vectors not as beefy as the FR or production runs. Quite noticeably at that.
So is there enough of a difference between an eclipse vector and a normal production run axis to warrant owning both?
Or is there a lot of overlap?
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
The domiest Axis and flattest Vectors will be pretty close in calm conditions on a straight line drive, but the Vector will do a little better in winds still. Also Vectors will move further left on a hyzer line and fight out of an anny a bit more.

If you wanted a 2 disc MVP mid setup I'd go flat, neutral Axis and domier Eclipse Vector. The domier eclipse vectors are still a different animals than the domey FR but will be further away from the Axis stability-wise.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
The domiest Axis and flattest Vectors will be pretty close in calm conditions on a straight line drive, but the Vector will do a little better in winds still. Also Vectors will move further left on a hyzer line and fight out of an anny a bit more.

If you wanted a 2 disc MVP mid setup I'd go flat, neutral Axis and domier Eclipse Vector. The domier eclipse vectors are still a different animals than the domey FR but will be further away from the Axis stability-wise.
Cool, thanks for tip on the two mid setup. Saves a lot of trial and error
Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
Since I get my Ion, Vector, and Axis two weeks ago I have been blown away at how easy they fly with little or no real effort. the Vector kicked my shockwave right out of my bag because I was able to get a really clean release on the Vector where as I was getting some wobble on my shockwave.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Anyone else notice a difference in the overmolds of the productions runs vs. the eclipse vectors? Whenever I hold my production run in my hand it feels very tall, while the eclipse feels like a beadless disc. I put them side by side on a table and could see that the overmold was higher set on the production run. I then noticed that the whole disc seemed to be taller than the eclipse. I'll get picture up when I get home from work later tonight.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

My regular production vector has a much bigger bead than my brothers eclipse vector. By much bigger I mean a mil or two, but still enough to be a noticeable difference.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 15
I agree with the comments on the differences between the first runs and the Eclipse Glow, the bead is much bigger on my first run and is much more overstable, it will take a while to break that one in, and the Eclipse Glow has been a more usable disc from the start, if usable means less stable and enables more routes.