Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
I just took a brand new Neutron Vector out the past two rounds I've played after throwing nothing but a thrashed Axis for my mids and it was a lot of fun. Flies quite overstable compared to what I am used to with my Axis, and this particular Neutron disc feels extra soft and gummy. It feels wonderful. I had fun seeing how far I could push it forehand. Ironed out somemore FH oat throwing just the Axis so it's felt incredibly easy controlling the Vector.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 20
very nice! Thanks for all your vids mike. I tried to pm ya but your box is full
Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 42
Sorry if this has been answered earlier...

What, if any, are the differences from the Proton plastic to the Neutron plastic w/ the Vector? If I don't like the new Roc3, I may be giving these a shot.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo4Discs View Post
Sorry if this has been answered earlier...

What, if any, are the differences from the Proton plastic to the Neutron plastic w/ the Vector? If I don't like the new Roc3, I may be giving these a shot.
Neutron to proton there is not much difference. The main thing is the dome. The more dome the beefier they are. I know the red neutron vectors seem to be the flatter of the neutrons. I just picked up a new gummy blue eclipse vector and it is also flat. The blue eclipse actually has a tiny bit of turn with a nice fade, where the red neutron is dead straight with a hard late fade @~325'.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
In the past, I'd primarily use my Eclipse Vector for rollers. Since it's been thrown on the ground so much, it's become nice and beat, and is now a straight mid with a nice fade. It can still take a full throw, but is developing a slight turn, then it locks in until almost full distance before the fade kicks in. I've been throwing it recently almost as much as the Volt, because it's so reliable.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Wondering if anyone had a pretty overstable vector up for sale or trade. My last vector (proton) was perfect OS for me, but it was sadly lost and my most recent (eclipse) seems to turn a but more and doesn't have quite the stability I was looking for. I tried the boiling water trick to add a bit of dome as well as ZAMs tuning guide, but each only helped a tiny bit. I don't have any local shops to look at individual discs for dome and PLH. I'd like to try neutron plastic, but I guess I'm not too picky about that. Let me know guys, thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to inscho
First runs are the way to go. I've been buying a couple backups recently. They're the most OS I've thrown yet.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

anyone still throwing vectors? i use mine off the tee 99% of the time 300'- 470'..
people are always asking me what driver i threw, i just say these things are monsters.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

^^^Nice post count.(666!)I got a proton vector last summer and this thing is stupid overstable still. It's either a first run or proton vectors are just the heat. I had a Neutron vector which after a month threw more like a buzz with more fade or a beatin' in gator.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

I carry a n getting beat less fade now, and a heavy eclipse. I throw these like fairway drivers. Anything 330 and in the vector is coming out. My n vector moved the axis out of the bag.