Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I read somewhere that the Vector is the result of what would happen if the Buzzz and the Roc had a baby. I totally agree with this.

I'm scared to get an Amp as I'm not taking my Mamba, River, or Fuse out of the bag and I don't know what the Amp will give me over these.

The Tensor looks interesting but I've got the Zone. Anode over Ions and I don't see what the Shock will do for me that the Vector/Zone won't.
I tried a Mamba for a while, it's alright. I think being more of a D driver speed-wise takes away some of its field utility, whereas the Amp is in between your River and Mamba in a nice space as a fast fairway. If you are a minimalist, you may find the Amp doing the job of both discs.

Shock is a mainstay for me. Vector/Shock had 0 crossover in my bag, and Tensor barely so. Shock is a great headwind distance disc and overall utility OS driver. Although I may go a round without using it at times, it is quite indispensable when require and be a game changer on windy days.

About the Vector - I used it heavily for a while and liked it, but in the end the Tensor proved more useful for me. While the Vector and Tensor have similar fade, the Vector comfortably can take an anny line if desired. The Tensor has fiercer HSS making it harder to turn accidentally, yet for all it's HSS power, it is not a meathook. If one could have only one mid, the Vector may be more useful, but since I have right turning and straight options with a Tursas and Warship, respectively, the Tensor makes a better purpose built OS mid.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

I put a Vector back in my bag yesterday for the first time since the Tensor came out. I don't think it's ever coming out again. For all the talk of Vector/Tensor overlap I just don't see it. Thrown hard and flat they do a somewhat similar line, but their similarities end there. With a minimal amount of hyzer my Tensor flies pretty darn overstable, whereas the Vector still goes pretty straight with a forward fade. The more hyzer given, the more different they become. It's a similar story with the anhyzer angles...it takes a heck of a lot more to get the Tensor to stay over than the Vector (which is a very easy disc to force an anny with). It's also much easier to drive and approach shorter stuff with the Tensor and get overstable flights. The Vector pushes much more and is more touchy when underpowered. The Vector is long and versatile, accomplishing classic Buzzz and Roc type lines easily and consistency. The Tensor excels at more "alternative" lines.

My Vector and Tensor are happy together.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Welcome back to the light discspeed! The vector is awesome!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
I really disliked my Vector. Perhaps I need to give the Tensor a shot? Would you compare the Tensor to a Drone or Gator? Anyone want to trade before I go out and spend the money?
Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I really disliked my Vector. Perhaps I need to give the Tensor a shot? Would you compare the Tensor to a Drone or Gator? Anyone want to trade before I go out and spend the money?
I thought the tensor was supposed to be similar to a zone
Old 08-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Its pretty drone/zone like. But no bead. The profile is like a shorter zone. Pretty hss, but it can turn, with oat. Real straight, until it slows then a hard fade.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

The Tensor is probably the hardest MVP disc to find something similar to from another manufacturer. If you want to know how it flies you've pretty much got to throw one.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
I wanted to love the Tensor but it has the most odd stability if any disc I've thrown. It has zero turn on a flat rip but the fade doesn't kick in until the last second. This reduces the chances that it'll pull out of a hard anny. If you want a zone , throw a zone. The tensor isn't very similar. The vector though is a great disc.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

The tensor pulls out of anny better than most other discs, that is the only reason it's in my bag.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
Hmm for some I haven't seen it. I'll set it up a hard rip and it just doesn't do it's job for me. I throw rocs and putters well so I know it's not OAT causing it. Maybe it's just me and the tensor don't gel. I do believe ya though Glass by I've seen videos of it doing so. It's stability seemed much more roc like than a zone. For my pull out of anny lines I use a star rancho roc.