Old 08-09-2013, 04:36 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I put a Vector back in my bag yesterday for the first time since the Tensor came out. I don't think it's ever coming out again. For all the talk of Vector/Tensor overlap I just don't see it. Thrown hard and flat they do a somewhat similar line, but their similarities end there. With a minimal amount of hyzer my Tensor flies pretty darn overstable, whereas the Vector still goes pretty straight with a forward fade. The more hyzer given, the more different they become. It's a similar story with the anhyzer angles...it takes a heck of a lot more to get the Tensor to stay over than the Vector (which is a very easy disc to force an anny with). It's also much easier to drive and approach shorter stuff with the Tensor and get overstable flights. The Vector pushes much more and is more touchy when underpowered. The Vector is long and versatile, accomplishing classic Buzzz and Roc type lines easily and consistency. The Tensor excels at more "alternative" lines.

My Vector and Tensor are happy together.
Thank you!, everyone flamed me when i said they are different.. thrown flat and level they are somewhat comparable, but i also see much difference when thrown hyzer/anny/high lines. Very useful for certain situations, its a niche disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
I wanted to love the Tensor but it has the most odd stability if any disc I've thrown. It has zero turn on a flat rip but the fade doesn't kick in until the last second. This reduces the chances that it'll pull out of a hard anny. If you want a zone , throw a zone. The tensor isn't very similar. The vector though is a great disc.
i find this to be true with my 167g tensor, but my max weight tensor is different, it fades sooner, harder and earlier. I love it for shorter tight wooded hyzers
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

My Tensor pulls out of a steeper anny than any Roc I've thrown (even my '04 4x USDGC Champ Glow Roc). I'd guess that "not gelling" has something to do with the mechanics of your grip and the odd shape of the Tensor combined with the well known MVP OAT sensitivity to create a shot that behaves less overstable than its supposed to.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 9
Has anyone seen/owned a sparkle vector?
Old 08-12-2013, 03:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I really disliked my Vector. Perhaps I need to give the Tensor a shot? Would you compare the Tensor to a Drone or Gator? Anyone want to trade before I go out and spend the money?
More like a longer gator that will flip with oat.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The Tensor is probably the hardest MVP disc to find something similar to from another manufacturer. If you want to know how it flies you've pretty much got to throw one.
True. When I ponder the longer gator thing it doesn't quite settle. Will flip with oat though I stand by. maybe more Tensor flies like a buzz OS if it existed if you throw it clean (buzz less oat sensitive).
Old 08-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
I wanted to love the Tensor but it has the most odd stability if any disc I've thrown. It has zero turn on a flat rip but the fade doesn't kick in until the last second. This reduces the chances that it'll pull out of a hard anny. If you want a zone , throw a zone. The tensor isn't very similar. The vector though is a great disc.
I had similar problems dialing in the Tensor when I first started to throw it. "Odd stability" was exactly how I felt. My 177 would fly dead straight bit only fade near the very end of its flight. The more I throw it, though, the more I love it: it's great for tight shots that I can't go right on but can't afford a large fade. It's becoming very predictable for me.

I still haven't figured out how to consistently throw it on an anny and have it fade back, but I'm going to keep working with it there. It's a solid, solid disc.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
I really disliked my Vector. Perhaps I need to give the Tensor a shot? Would you compare the Tensor to a Drone or Gator? Anyone want to trade before I go out and spend the money?
No...and no

Tensors for me behave like something in between a fresh kc pro roc and a gator. More D and glide than a gator/drone/zone, but beefier than any roc, wasp, or vector I've thrown. If you've thrown a Prodigy M2 or DD Suspect they compare to the Tensor more than the ultra beef mids do.

I've got a few videos of em...if you can stand them
Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
I might be interested what run of vector is it?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
No...and no

Tensors for me behave like something in between a fresh kc pro roc and a gator. More D and glide than a gator/drone/zone, but beefier than any roc, wasp, or vector I've thrown. If you've thrown a Prodigy M2 or DD Suspect they compare to the Tensor more than the ultra beef mids do.

I've got a few videos of em...if you can stand them
Which video? You have so many....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan McGee View Post
I might be interested what run of vector is it?
PM'ed

Old 08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyE7LEQX6o