Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Threw a Vector for the first time today - 174 Neutron. I was surprised at how straight it flew. I was expecting some fade at the end but there was none. Liked the flight a lot, and the distance was decent for being in the slush.
Never been a fan of the Neutron Vectors myself, i only throw Eclipse because they seem to start out a little more stable and last that way much longer than neutron. I have not thrown a recent run within the last year though, so who knows.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Flat vs domey you get the difference in LSS. Flat neutrons are straight as a Z buzz really while the ones you like In4d are more "vector"-ish.. I always liked the domey FR's myself which didn't even beat into straight they still had LSS.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Bump for my favorite disc. MVP's second disc is a perfect amalgamation of the Roc and Buzzz and is the most useful disc I've ever bagged.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 36
I don't know why but the Vector is the most difficult to throw disc I have. I rarely get a clean release and turn it over almost every time, even on 50% power throws. Can't dial that grip in.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 49
From Discspeed- Bump for my favorite disc. MVP's second disc is a perfect amalgamation of the Roc and Buzzz and is the most useful disc I've ever bagged.

^^^You're Mom's the most useful disc I've ever bagged. (Had throw in a Mama joke since it is mother's day weekend)
Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I don't know why but the Vector is the most difficult to throw disc I have. I rarely get a clean release and turn it over almost every time, even on 50% power throws. Can't dial that grip in.
Don't feel bad...Even after a year of throwing Rocs I went back to beadless Buzzzes because OAT would show up unpredictably from time to time (usually into a headwind). It took another year with my FR Vector to get the big bead feel down. FH I'm still hopeless with it. If you are throwing Proton the Neutrons are flatter and have a better grip imo.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 36
Mace, Roc, Comet, Aftershock, Shockwave, Pain, I have no trouble with. It's definitely OAT. Headwinds, even mild, reveal my ineptness with the Vector. I'll keep trying it. I prefer the flight of the beaded type mids. I can't understand why I can rip on a Comet and flub the Vector.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Was out in the field with mine again yesterday. I can really lay into the Vector, and get that straight flight. I can chuck these almost as far as my Amp. I just fits my hand like a glove. I'm gonna have to see how it fares in an actual round one of these days. I'm definitely impressed so far.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
* Ace Member *

My favorite Vector is a flat 174 orange Neutron that I've been throwing since they came out. It is basically a Buzzz with a more dependable (but not more significant) fade and better wind resistance on flat shots. It holds hyzers and pulls out of annies better as well. It's the only other mid I've been able to line drive the same distance as the Buzzz. That seasoned one is probably about -1.5 HSS/2 LSS, where it's brand new brother is like -.5/3.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
I love my Vectors. The first one I got is an orange eclipse and I got it shortly after eclipse vectors came out. It is now beat in to a very straight flyer, with wind resistance capabilities still. Amazing disc. Earlier this year I put in the fresh eclipse with the DGCR stamp that was waiting for its spot when the other eventually beat in. Now I have a couple vectors for straight and slightly overstable throws, and a beat first run axis for slight turnovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I have the same issues with rocs and wasps. Some discs fit your hand/grip, and some don't.