Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I don't know why but the Vector is the most difficult to throw disc I have. I rarely get a clean release and turn it over almost every time, even on 50% power throws. Can't dial that grip in.
I have some similar issues with the Vector, but I've lately been working hard with it on fieldwork days. Mines N with mild dome. The bead/dome combo is a problem for me, hence I can't do anything with a standard roc.

I just can't seem to get it out without that early wobble, same with the Roc3, which it reminds me of some.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
I don't know why but the Vector is the most difficult to throw disc I have. I rarely get a clean release and turn it over almost every time, even on 50% power throws. Can't dial that grip in.
Obviously that turnover might go away if you magically started releasing the Vector well BUT(!) I recommend a Tensor. It's certainly more overstable than a Vector (as it's supposed to be) but the rim feels very different. It almost feels like a flat 45 degree wedge. Some people hate the feel but I love it and I really think you would not have the same release issues with it. Perhaps a lighter-than-your-Vector Tensor would be a good one to try.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 16
I ended up swapping out my N Vector for a Z Buzzz in the bag because it just feels better in my hand. The Vector and a champ Roc3 I have just aren't getting thrown these days. Axis, Envy, Volt are my bagged MVP discs right now.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 40
No trouble with the Tensor, or any other MVP mid. But I must conquer the Vector or die trying.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
No trouble with the Tensor, or any other MVP mid. But I must conquer the Vector or die trying.
I hear you. I couldn't THROW a putter for years (same results you're describing) and then I finally tried a beaded one and I haven't looked back. I wish you luck with the Vector Paul. Your commitment to the mold impresses me
Old 05-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 40
I have prevailed. Just kept throwing it on a hyzer angle until I got the hang of it. Then I was able to throw it flat into the wind. Only problem now is it goes too far.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
After putting the axis back in the bag since only carrying a tangent-- I think the vector is going to win the other mid spot back.

It was the first MVP midrange I ever threw and not sure why I stopped. Axis is great but I miss the LSS and flex shot ability of the vector. The speed of the vector makes it great for throwing longer shots off the tee too.

#Vectorized
Old 07-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
Vector is such a useful disc. It gets alot of playing time in my bag. Never looked back. Probably my favorite mid from MVP.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 18
I love the Vector. Even though I've been going with a KC Roc and a Roc3, the Vector is still in the bag. Mine is laser beam straight with the exact same fade at the end every time. Throws the same every time I throw it.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:54 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Threw two beautiful back to back ace runs yesterday in 25MPH left to right crosswind on this 400' downhill hole which the vector rode straight the whole flight until the last 50' or so and faded right at the basket. Hell of a mid this is.