Old 08-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
So I am debating on an Eclipse Vector. Currently I have a moonshine Verdict, P Alias, P Tangent, and Tournament Tursas as my mids. I'm wondering if the Vector will slot in between the Verdict and the Alias, or is it too close to the Verdict. I want something about as fast as my Axis was, but with more HSS and a little more LSS. I don't need the harder fade of the Verdict though.

Also, how shallow does the Vector feel compared to the Axis and Alias? I far prefer the feel of the Alias and Tangent to my other discs.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2014, 12:11 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
axis and vector are very similar in feel. I am not familiar with a verdict but the vector is an axis which flies more OS (bigger bead than axis and faster profile than tangent/alias/tensor)

You might actually like a seasoned tensor more than a vector if you want something shorter and very HSS. It will have a good amount of fade when brand new and if heavy w/slight dome but a flat lighter tensor is a very straight shooting mid which is more in line with the speed of the alias/tangent that you like the feel of.

Tensor is unique feeling though too its not like a axis/vector at all and actually what I don't like about it most is the feel in the hand.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
I agree with everything above...except the very last part. I find the Tensor to be very comfortable, although unique, in the hand. It feels great for FH too.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 29
I really would prefer something faster/longer than the Alias. I miss the extra 20' or so the Axis got me. It just wasn't as consistent as my Alias is. The Verdict is pretty OS, not as much as a Drone, but it has replaced most of the shots my lost Drone used to take in my bag. I think the Tensor sounds like a shorter Verdict.

I was hoping the Vector would have the distance of the Axis with the feel of the Alias, and the stability of something like an Envy. I guess I'll just have to keep looking, or wait patiently for Axiom to come up with something new for that slot.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
The Vector should fill what your looking for. Definately worth a try, I love mine. Neutron and Eclipse. Very similar to Axis, feels like the same disc as others have mentioned.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
I was hoping the Vector would have the distance of the Axis with the feel of the Alias, and the stability of something like an Envy.
The Vector is exactly what you describe.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
I really would prefer something faster/longer than the Alias. I miss the extra 20' or so the Axis got me. It just wasn't as consistent as my Alias is. The Verdict is pretty OS, not as much as a Drone, but it has replaced most of the shots my lost Drone used to take in my bag. I think the Tensor sounds like a shorter Verdict.

I was hoping the Vector would have the distance of the Axis with the feel of the Alias, and the stability of something like an Envy. I guess I'll just have to keep looking, or wait patiently for Axiom to come up with something new for that slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
The Vector is exactly what you describe.
The Vector doesn't "feels" like an Alias in the hand. Although the rest of what you are looking for is definitely something the Vector would give you.
Edit:
The Vector feels almost exactly like a Star San Marino Roc, or so my memory tells me (I haven't use my Star Roc in a long time).
Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

between the vector and the tangent you can possess the only two midrange shapes/ flights that matter.

the vector does not look anything like the alias, but it looks exactly how a midrange should. no matter what it looks like its the best midrange on the market, and yes i do mean better than the tangent. if youve already thrown an axis you will LOVE the vector.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm sorry, I read that wrong. Yes, the Vector feels different from the Alias.

I believe that the Axis is possibly the best mid in disc golf. The Vector is its beefier brother, and they feel the same. A seasoned Eclipse Vector is a thing of beauty.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
The Vector doesn't "feels" like an Alias in the hand. Although the rest of what you are looking for is definitely something the Vector would give you.
Edit:
The Vector feels almost exactly like a Star San Marino Roc, or so my memory tells me (I haven't use my Star Roc in a long time).
Feels like a Roc clone to me too.