Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks for all the input. I'll have to go to one of my local shops to see if they have one to feel.

The only other question I have is, is the Vector as nose angle sensitive as the Axis?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
Yes. **** up and you'll find yourself way off track.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
If you've got a lot of power it is more forgiving due to its nature, though. If you are a power thrower it is more workable at high speed.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
I think it's a little more forgiving than the Axis due to its added stability. Speaking from my personal experience with the two. The Axis is more touchy because it is so neutral. Love them both
Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Vector should probably give you what you want. It's very much like a sanny roc. I ditched my Vector fairly quickly in favor of the opto Pain because it has better HSS than the Vector does and carries usually 15'-20' further. With more stability you'll often lose a little distance compared to your more neutral mids. Also, keep in mind that the Vector will ride an anny line into the ground if you force it or have release issues in medium winds. When they first came out, the Vector was just too close to the Axis for me to use both...they apparently fixed that, though.

Last edited by Oklahyzer; 08-11-2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: .
Old 08-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 14
I'll jump on the "get yosef an Eclipse Vector" train. I've had my E Vector for two years now, has my first ace on it, and it's my most reliable and most used mid. It beats in to an absolute machine that flies long, reliable lines with dependable fade. It's not a "crush all the winds!" kinda disc, but it'll fight to hold its line.

The comparison to an Envy is pretty accurate, excepting that a beat up Vector will flip up onto a flat line from a shallow hyzer, whereas an Envy will hold whatever hyzer you give it.

If I had to give up all but one MVP disc, I'd keep my E Vector. No questions asked.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 29
I am definitely not a power thrower. I have yet to break 300' with a mid. I came closest with my Axis, and the other day got my Alias to about 270-280'. I don't really want a replacement for my Alias or Tangent as my more neutral mids. Honestly, I don't even know if there's that much gap between my Alias and my Verdict to warrant a Vector. I've just had a few shots where my Alias didn't fade back as much as I expected and in the past my Verdict has skipped too far left past the basket.

If I get a chance, I'll feel one at a shop, but the more we talk about it, the more I think I'm pretty happy with my current mids. Maybe if eclipse Envy's will ever be released...
Old 08-25-2014, 11:16 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post
Just got the Vector from my friend today (finally, been here since Thursday but he didn't pick it up till Friday), and got to throw it a few times before playing Ultimate tonight. It's basically what I was hoping, a good tweener driver that should be accurate and fit well on several holes at Timmons. .
enjoy my friend.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

so many good vector shots today. i should go back to the ion anode vector axis days when thats all mvp had. i pretty much carry other discs to fill space in my bag.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 9
It's funny, I had Vectors long ago but cycled through many discs over the past two summers to come back to a fresh 178 E I had sitting in the closet. As a freshy, it has a touch more HSS than my seasoned G* Roc3, slightly less LSS and the same range, but ends up a few feet more forward on account of the forward fade. In early proceedings, it seems like a long Envy. I'm going to have fun rediscovering this disc.