Old 04-09-2009, 01:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 93
Throwing Style: RHBH
You want the nose angle to be parallel to the ground usually. This could change if you have a elevation change or a tunnel to hit. If it is open and you are going for distance you want the disc to float up a little but this should naturally happen with a disc that is parallel to the ground. Watch the Discraft Distance driving video. They slow it down enough that you can see nose angle to some extent.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAce View Post
I think i'm having an issue that was discussed. I think my distance issue is nose angle. I tend to throw with the nose up. What is a good angel at release and what tips are there for correcting this issue?
The three things I listed above are the main cluprits. To fix 1 and 2 follow the instructions from the now legendary, Dan Beato video (link to thread about the video):

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...php?f=2&t=9959

To fix 3, check out this article:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resour...ttoripit.shtml
Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yes the goal is to release the disc so that it's flat (parallel to the ground), on a flat or nearly flat arc. You want to be throwing line drives rather than pop flies. Getting your weight forward should help, but also pay attention to the angle you're holding the disc at when you grip it and when you begin your pull. Just as you want to swing a golf club on a smooth, level plane, you want to pull your disc through a smooth, level plane. If you start your pull with the disc flat, it's more likely you'll release with the disc flat.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 31
I read somewhere to aim into the ground about 30-45 ft in front of you, and this actually works for me. Most discs seem to rise some in that first part of the flight, so throwing it downward a little helps with this and helps get the nose down a little. Using this technique I can throw a Buzzz almost as far as I usually throw distance drivers, although admittedly that still isn't very far.