Old 04-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
RHBH and RHFH question

Hi guys, I'd like to thank these forums for helping me improve my game so much! I've been making tons of progress but there's some things I need help on.

RHBH: my god my form has improved. I went from throwing negative distance sky hyzers to throwing between 250-300 on a controlled golf line. However, I have been working on adding distance and better form on my drives. The biggest thing I've noticed is that, even after finding the hit, my follow through just isn't working and it feels unnatural.

Most players seem to hit a pivot, and their arm comes all the way around their body. Mine, though, hits a sudden stop just past the right side of my body. The best image I can give is that I do half of a normal follow through.

RHFH: I recently found the snap for forehands (took longer than backhand). However, I can only do it if I casually throw a little flick of the wrist. I can't add any footwork, any standstill shots or anything. How do you combine the flick into a body motion without turning it into a muscle shot?

Any tips? Videos? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2015, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 123
BH, your left shoulder should be pointed at the target line in the finish. If you are stopping before that, it's likely you aren't getting your weight onto your front foot before you swing. It's also likely you are swinging more around your body than straighter through your center.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

FH is probably a similar thing with your weight/body not leading the throw, the flick of the wrist should be the very last thing. To me it's just skipping stones or throwing a football or baseball sidearm.