Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDiscHead View Post
The idea is not to minister to others while playing, but certainly doing things through our actions that will be positive... such as cleaning up trash and debris, leaving a note or two behind saying who di it is appropriate in my view. Also if we travel and play at a course, the bible verses and ministering would be among our group only, and not for others, unless they choose to join in.

As long as you don't hold up play or leave "notes" where they could become litter it shouldn't be a problem. Please be quiet while others are throwing, and don't get upset if your notes get cleaned up by others. Your message will be lost if play is delayed by your actions.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 22
haha naw no relation to Dr. James. Maybe that guy would chill out some if he started playing disc.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
i have been approached before while playing and dont like the feeling that someone is just faking playing till the right time to try to convert you it feels kindy of dirty. and its very odd when out of know where and out of context of the conversations someone gets in your personal space and starts looking you directly in the eyes, usally the person is trained to be non threating but in a way it is(as they say in jail there is only two reasons you stare at someone, one is to fight and i dont need to tell you what the other one is). btw i put in work(clean) at ever course i play at every time i play and do it totally anonamisly without any preconditions or hidden agendas.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
i think that if you are playing on church ground you are saying that you want to be approached and i think they have every right to approach you. dont get me wrong i see your point but as a believer i think that that would be part of the charm of a church course.
If I understood correctly, he politely declines the invitations while at the church course. What he'd rather not run into is the evangelizing on public courses. I know it's hard to read with the lack of punctuation

P.S. Omega - jk dood, I know it's been beaten into your head already, and it ain't gonna change
Old 04-12-2009, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobsonr View Post
I heard Jesus throws a Roc...
He also stole the hubcaps from my car, darn Mexican J/k.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 4
if your trying to "sell" your church on the idea of a course you should be able to tell your pastor that god has put that in your heart and let them know of his objective you see for the course etc...... I love the idea of getting disc made and "losing" them on a course..... I love finding plastic.....( always call if there's a # ).......
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

When I was younger I lobbied my former pastor to let us form a church league basketball team. His response "I don't think God calls us to play basketball." Douche. I'd just tell your pastor that it's good wholesome fun for the youth (and cheaper than tickets to the Jonas brothers and wankery of that sort) and good exercise for fat congregation members.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.4
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm thinking minis with the church's name and number is a great idea, and relatively cheap.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
When I was younger I lobbied my former pastor to let us form a church league basketball team. His response "I don't think God calls us to play basketball." xxxxx. I'd just tell your pastor that it's good wholesome fun for the youth (and cheaper than tickets to the Jonas brothers and wankery of that sort) and good exercise for fat congregation members.
I'm sorry to hear about the response that you got to your basketball team request. It sounds to me like the response you got missed the point.

And your other suggestions are good ideas. I've lost 10 pounds on the disc golf diet. Actually, it is great exercise for me as my knees won't take that abuse of tennis any more. And it'a a blast.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the response that you got to your basketball team request. It sounds to me like the response you got missed the point.

And your other suggestions are good ideas. I've lost 10 pounds on the disc golf diet. Actually, it is great exercise for me as my knees won't take that abuse of tennis any more. And it'a a blast.
I lost 40 pounds during my college years on the beer diet, disc golf has not only maintained my weight but knocked off another 6-7 as well. Not to sound too ghey but the hiking has done wonder for my calves. Don't feel too bad about the basketball thing, we Lutherans have a long way to go before we can match the athletic pursuits of those darn, sweet gym having Baptists.