Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
^Don't get why people need music while disc golfing. Chatting with friends is enough for me. Plus I wouldn't buy some cheap $10 case with likely rather horrid audio.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 25
Fade Tourney Bag

Always keep 2 waters with me (while playing)
Disc Retriever and Ace race keychain
#152 TFBT
Discs in the bag ----

3x Rhyno (2 Champ, 1 Proline)
3x Buzzz (1 Elite Z, 1 Crystal Z, 1 SS signed by E-Mac)
2x Nuke (2 Champ)
2x Boss (2 Champ)
2x Beast (2 Champ)
2x Valkyrie (2 Champ)
1x Avenger SS (Elite Z)
1x Surge (Elite Z)
1x Wraith (Champ)
1x Eagle (Champ)
1x Mako (Star)
1x Skeeter (Star)
1x Vibram Mini

Old 05-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
^Don't get why people need music while disc golfing. Chatting with friends is enough for me. Plus I wouldn't buy some cheap $10 case with likely rather horrid audio.
And I don't get why you would put a quote by yourself in your sig but hey

You might want to listen to it before you declare it has "horrid audio." I've seen the same case go for $30 and had a good review
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 15

haha starter
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
And I don't get why you would put a quote by yourself in your sig but hey

You might want to listen to it before you declare it has "horrid audio." I've seen the same case go for $30 and had a good review
Well look at it logically, the product is a hard case with speakers being sold for $10. We can assume that a fair amount of that money was spent on the ability for that case to protect the item, but money still needs to pay for the speakers. That company still needs to make money off of said case so we can also assume that they didn't spend the full $10 making it. I'm sure they bought all items required to build it in bulk, but that is still a product being made for less than $10(likely in china for cheap labor). I was just stating that it's unlikely that the audio is that grand for a price like that. On the other hand I have a pair of $35 headphones(minus shipping) which sound great, but are also spoken about as the best pair of cans you could buy for said price by many audiophiles. Also FWIW MSRP on them was $50. So yes it's possible that they have fair audio, but unlikely IMO that they don't have problems like most cheap audio items like sibilance.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Well look at it logically, the product is a hard case with speakers being sold for $10. We can assume that a fair amount of that money was spent on the ability for that case to protect the item, but money still needs to pay for the speakers. That company still needs to make money off of said case so we can also assume that they didn't spend the full $10 making it. I'm sure they bought all items required to build it in bulk, but that is still a product being made for less than $10(likely in china for cheap labor). I was just stating that it's unlikely that the audio is that grand for a price like that. On the other hand I have a pair of $35 headphones(minus shipping) which sound great, but are also spoken about as the best pair of cans you could buy for said price by many audiophiles. Also FWIW MSRP on them was $50. So yes it's possible that they have fair audio, but unlikely IMO that they don't have problems like most cheap audio items like sibilance.
I prefer music while I'm playing. I'm the type of person that has music on almost all the time so I almost feel lost when there are no tunes on lol. I do enjoy rounds without music but if it's just a fun round and everyone is cool with it why not? We just use it background noise to drown out traffic or other players.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Yeah, I guess I just listen to music mostly when I'm driving, or at my computer. Rarely elsewhere though...not that I wouldn't allow music, just that I usually don't have someone in my group playing any, and never feel the need for it badly enough myself.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 2
I actually don't mind music while playing, just I don't carry it around. At my home course there is always some kind of party going on next to the course, usually there are some good tunes playing. It helps me game sometimes. But I'm not going to carry around speakers...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Like I said, I've seen the same case go for $30. It has also been recommended. Don't just a book by it's cover

Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 24
Here's my dual pack equipped with NEPA bag tag and pdga bag tag, multiple towels, canteen, clipboard, multiple mini's, coflex(for flesh wounds),pocket knife, cigars(insect repellent), and rain gear.
Discs include:
2 aviars (jk and yeti)
vp
pro pig
3 valkyries
3 teebirds
2 leopards
xxx
firebird
flx buzzz
dx skeeter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_1026.jpg (148.5 KB, 149 views)