#1471  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM
MooTaters's Avatar
MooTaters MooTaters is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,273
^Don't get why people need music while disc golfing. Chatting with friends is enough for me. Plus I wouldn't buy some cheap $10 case with likely rather horrid audio.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1472  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 AM
ChampionKirby ChampionKirby is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lewisville, TX
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 25
Posts: 152
Fade Tourney Bag

Always keep 2 waters with me (while playing)
Disc Retriever and Ace race keychain
#152 TFBT
Discs in the bag ----

3x Rhyno (2 Champ, 1 Proline)
3x Buzzz (1 Elite Z, 1 Crystal Z, 1 SS signed by E-Mac)
2x Nuke (2 Champ)
2x Boss (2 Champ)
2x Beast (2 Champ)
2x Valkyrie (2 Champ)
1x Avenger SS (Elite Z)
1x Surge (Elite Z)
1x Wraith (Champ)
1x Eagle (Champ)
1x Mako (Star)
1x Skeeter (Star)
1x Vibram Mini


Reply With Quote
  #1473  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:56 AM
NOStheBOSS's Avatar
NOStheBOSS NOStheBOSS is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 53
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
^Don't get why people need music while disc golfing. Chatting with friends is enough for me. Plus I wouldn't buy some cheap $10 case with likely rather horrid audio.
And I don't get why you would put a quote by yourself in your sig but hey

You might want to listen to it before you declare it has "horrid audio." I've seen the same case go for $30 and had a good review
Reply With Quote
  #1474  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Brick Forcepush's Avatar
Brick Forcepush Brick Forcepush is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 628

haha starter
Reply With Quote
  #1475  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM
MooTaters's Avatar
MooTaters MooTaters is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
And I don't get why you would put a quote by yourself in your sig but hey

You might want to listen to it before you declare it has "horrid audio." I've seen the same case go for $30 and had a good review
Well look at it logically, the product is a hard case with speakers being sold for $10. We can assume that a fair amount of that money was spent on the ability for that case to protect the item, but money still needs to pay for the speakers. That company still needs to make money off of said case so we can also assume that they didn't spend the full $10 making it. I'm sure they bought all items required to build it in bulk, but that is still a product being made for less than $10(likely in china for cheap labor). I was just stating that it's unlikely that the audio is that grand for a price like that. On the other hand I have a pair of $35 headphones(minus shipping) which sound great, but are also spoken about as the best pair of cans you could buy for said price by many audiophiles. Also FWIW MSRP on them was $50. So yes it's possible that they have fair audio, but unlikely IMO that they don't have problems like most cheap audio items like sibilance.
Reply With Quote
  #1476  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Jabanger's Avatar
Jabanger Jabanger is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clyde, MI
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
Well look at it logically, the product is a hard case with speakers being sold for $10. We can assume that a fair amount of that money was spent on the ability for that case to protect the item, but money still needs to pay for the speakers. That company still needs to make money off of said case so we can also assume that they didn't spend the full $10 making it. I'm sure they bought all items required to build it in bulk, but that is still a product being made for less than $10(likely in china for cheap labor). I was just stating that it's unlikely that the audio is that grand for a price like that. On the other hand I have a pair of $35 headphones(minus shipping) which sound great, but are also spoken about as the best pair of cans you could buy for said price by many audiophiles. Also FWIW MSRP on them was $50. So yes it's possible that they have fair audio, but unlikely IMO that they don't have problems like most cheap audio items like sibilance.
I prefer music while I'm playing. I'm the type of person that has music on almost all the time so I almost feel lost when there are no tunes on lol. I do enjoy rounds without music but if it's just a fun round and everyone is cool with it why not? We just use it background noise to drown out traffic or other players.
Reply With Quote
  #1477  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
MooTaters's Avatar
MooTaters MooTaters is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,273
Yeah, I guess I just listen to music mostly when I'm driving, or at my computer. Rarely elsewhere though...not that I wouldn't allow music, just that I usually don't have someone in my group playing any, and never feel the need for it badly enough myself.
Reply With Quote
  #1478  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:46 PM
412Disc's Avatar
412Disc 412Disc is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,343
I actually don't mind music while playing, just I don't carry it around. At my home course there is always some kind of party going on next to the course, usually there are some good tunes playing. It helps me game sometimes. But I'm not going to carry around speakers...
Reply With Quote
  #1479  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
NOStheBOSS's Avatar
NOStheBOSS NOStheBOSS is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 53
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
Well look at it logically, the product is a hard case with speakers being sold for $10. We can assume that a fair amount of that money was spent on the ability for that case to protect the item, but money still needs to pay for the speakers. That company still needs to make money off of said case so we can also assume that they didn't spend the full $10 making it. I'm sure they bought all items required to build it in bulk, but that is still a product being made for less than $10(likely in china for cheap labor). I was just stating that it's unlikely that the audio is that grand for a price like that. On the other hand I have a pair of $35 headphones(minus shipping) which sound great, but are also spoken about as the best pair of cans you could buy for said price by many audiophiles. Also FWIW MSRP on them was $50. So yes it's possible that they have fair audio, but unlikely IMO that they don't have problems like most cheap audio items like sibilance.
Like I said, I've seen the same case go for $30. It has also been recommended. Don't just a book by it's cover
Reply With Quote
 

  #1480  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
d-ogg's Avatar
d-ogg d-ogg is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: mountaintop, pa. USA 18707
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 24
Posts: 172
Here's my dual pack equipped with NEPA bag tag and pdga bag tag, multiple towels, canteen, clipboard, multiple mini's, coflex(for flesh wounds),pocket knife, cigars(insect repellent), and rain gear.
Discs include:
2 aviars (jk and yeti)
vp
pro pig
3 valkyries
3 teebirds
2 leopards
xxx
firebird
flx buzzz
dx skeeter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_1026.jpg (148.5 KB, 149 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.