Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 27
working to day but will be at ham lake course all day Friday for my kids field trip for disc golf.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
If I do not substitute teach on Friday I am thinking of playing BRP in the morning and getting in some practice for the Majestic the following weekend. I will not know if I have to sub on the last day of school or not until that morning.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
If I do not substitute teach on Friday I am thinking of playing BRP in the morning and getting in some practice for the Majestic the following weekend. I will not know if I have to sub on the last day of school or not until that morning.
Originally I was going to play BRP tomorrow (Friday) as a warm up for next week's Majestic. However, the weather is not promising to be good and I will not have any opportunity to practice there next week before the tournament.

So, I will be heading out there this morning as long as I do not get called in to sub. I will keep my substitute clothes in the car in case I do get called, but the plan right now is to head out there and tee off by 9am. I am anticipating being out there for several hours, so if you are interested in joining me but cannot quite make 9am, let me know.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 27
yay i work tell 4:30 and my wife works tonight but i will be at brp by 7:30.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

I am thinking only 9am to 2:30pm.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 103
Anyone else playing in the morning session of the Surly disc golf event tomorrow? I'll be the guy in the red twins hat.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

After talking to the city and getting all the paperwork going, it looks like it is all but official; our am league is going to be holding a Discraft Ace Race at the Becker Course on Sep 11th.

If you are interested, let me know. We are going to try to do some flyers and whatnot to help promote it because the only it really works if people pre-pay. Our am league does not have deep enough pockets to buy too many packages for walk-ups.

I think it is going to be a great time because the Becker course has great facilities for picnicing, grilling, and just hanging out before and after you play. We will have food as well as used and new discs for sale as well.

As of now we are planning on adding six temp holes to the course to alleviate some of the walking between holes, since several of them obviously have to be shortened up. This will make it a 24 hole course which you will have to play twice for a total of 48.

I am going to have to scout the course one more time to finalize where I want tee boxes to go and where to put the temp baskets. I am likely going to do this in early August once I know a little more about the prototype disc available. If you are interested in helping me out scout this park, let me know because I definitely want as much input as possible. I was there a week ago scouting and we think we have good placements for the first 12 of 24 holes, but testing them by more than two people would be great.

If this goes well, Becker has said they would love to have us up there more often to host tournaments because they like the idea of the course being used. The more people who stop in to play, the more likely they will stop at the local eateries and gas stations on their way in and out.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
This is another Josh Johnson last second Blue Ribbon meetup announcement, myself, hedfan1 and possibly one or two more are making the two hour pilgrimage from Brainerd tomorrow, we plan on being there at noon, let us know if you're planning on going and we'll probably see you there, peace.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 1149
Throwing Style: RHBH
Have a great summer out there MN DGers, I'll be dreaming of BRP and Kaposia as I'm sleeping under the stars at 12000 ft in Wyoming.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Just finished playing the Majestic. Scored a 89 and 91 at BRP. Not bad, not any where the pros, but not bad. Actually was sitting on the top card for Int all weekend until I exploded at Kaposia, carding a 94 while the rest in my group took 86s. Shame on me for not practicing the course a head of time. I had only three clean drives all day.

With that, I do no think I want to touch Kaposia again for a long time and I am not even going to think of BRP until the week before the BRP Open in October.

I might try to sneak out to some of the smaller local courses or Elm Creek (five minutes from my house) but I think I have been competitively wiped out for a little while. I want to get back to just throwing with friends for the fun of it.

I am, however, paid for the Go Cart Open II in early August. Anyone else planning on attending?