Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 88
Basically it is the dog leagues on Saturday with BRP, Hansen, and Lakewood on Sundays. Usually something is going on in the Apple Valley/ Burnsville area with Kenwood, Alimagnet, and Red Oak. Once spring comes around and a few more players come out of hibernation, more than likely more will pop up. For example, I run an amateur league that starts up in March, goes to October, and meets once a month on a Saturday at a different course each time.There is always something going on in regards to people just meeting up because the Twin Cities area has a very active player base.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Lakewood has winter league? And only league in the s. metro is Monday night dubs at Ali.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Lakewood has winter league? And only league in the s. metro is Monday night dubs at Ali.
I do not think they have winter leagues, but they must be starting up soon, right?

As for the south metro, they were huge for awhile. At least on FB it appears that everything just fell apart. There has to be some locals who are still doing something down there.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

League won't go back to Lakewood till the snow is gone. As for s. metro only thing going is Ali dubs, red oak MIGHT start up again soon, but no one is even 75% sure on that one. Kenwood might not have a league this year either.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
League won't go back to Lakewood till the snow is gone. As for s. metro only thing going is Ali dubs, red oak MIGHT start up again soon, but no one is even 75% sure on that one. Kenwood might not have a league this year either.
Its all out of my range for what I can do during the school year when I am teaching anyway. That is why I do not make any Sunday leagues. They all start at noon and the earliest I can be out there is 1pm.

During the summer I am more apt to make Westside Wednesdays and Fort Snelling Thursdays.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'm going to be playing Robin's Island in Willmar tomorrow afternoon. If anyone from the area sees this and wants to join, send me a personal message. It's a fun 9 hole course with multiple tee boxes. I'll be there from around 1 to 5pm.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Its all out of my range for what I can do during the school year when I am teaching anyway. That is why I do not make any Sunday leagues. They all start at noon and the earliest I can be out there is 1pm.

During the summer I am more apt to make Westside Wednesdays and Fort Snelling Thursdays.
We're not doing Thursday Snelling this year. Too expensive due to course fee. We're looking for a new location to do a Thursday league at. Critter is looking to do a mid week kp league also this year.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
We're not doing Thursday Snelling this year. Too expensive due to course fee. We're looking for a new location to do a Thursday league at. Critter is looking to do a mid week kp league also this year.
I just cannot win, can I? Driving from the NW suburbs to places like Kaposia or The Valley during the height of rush hour traffic is no fun. Snelling was pushing it.

We need another really big hole 18 course to go in on the Westside. I keep hearing whispers of something at French Lake, a Kaposia style course, but they are nothing more than whispers that have been circulating for a few years now. I would say screw Elm Creek and make that my new home course.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Out south of Annandale?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Out south of Annandale?
My stupid mistake. Meant French Park on Medicine Lake. It would be another Three Rivers Park. Again, I know nothing beyond what someone at some point said.