Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Indoor Disc Golf?

So I am sitting in an airport at 2 in the morning and the craziest thought occured to me. I should bust out my discs and play some object disc golf here in the concourse. Think about it. There are enough things in the way to help provide challenge but at the same time you could have some crazy long holes. So, two questions to go with this. One, what airport would you most like to play disc golf in? Two, what other indoor facilities can you think of to play disc golf in?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:29 AM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 15
Fun to think about, though I can guess how the TSA would react. How about a shopping mall? Similar obstacles - center kiosks, sometimes there are trees or large plants, tables, chairs, benches, etc. How about a ballpark? That's not entirely indoors, I'll grant you, but it offers some crazy elevation changes, say from an upper deck hot dog stand, out one of the concourses that enter into the seating bowl, and down to home plate? I go to a lot of baseball games, and every time I'm in the upper deck I envision throwing a disc down toward the field.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Chicago O'Hara has that crazy disco tunnel thing (presumably it helps with jet lag, yea right)...that might be an interesting fairway. How about the lobby of a really big hotel?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 54
This might sound crazy, but how about a zoo. Not in the cages, but around the park. Most Zoos are very cool to walk around.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
There's a mall here in Eureka that is on the verge of going out of bussness and shutting down, I would love to turn that into an indoor disc golf course. Maby put up some nets to help seperate holes, some fake trees for objects, or go crazy with it and put in new walls, inflateable dinos, fake ponds and streams, a ring of fire on the last hole, you know crazy stuff.

Haha pipe dreams...

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
OK I am picturing a mall..third level down to the level 1 below next to the fountains and trees below...If you misdrive your on level 2 and in a whole lot of trouble/ I am also picturing those really long people movers in Las Vegas Airport...picture a tee at one end and a basket at the other...you screw up the drive your disc is on the people mover and gets carried back to the tee HAHA awesome!. I hate to admit it but amongst friends I can confess indoor disc golf is constantly going through my head. My HS senior trip in 88 we were all throwing the 165 g Lid around Orlando International...trust me the airport gets small in a hurry when a disc is flying around BTW we really pissed off a bunch of people...Thats what being age 17 is all about though...Thank God Wide rimmed drivers were not in vogue yet!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
This might sound crazy, but how about a zoo. Not in the cages, but around the park. Most Zoos are very cool to walk around.
OH why not use the animal areas as hazzards...go ahead risk reward can you really drive 330 over the lion den or would you rather chicken out and take the longer but safer 500 foot dogleg route through the flamingo field...TRUE RISK REWARD THERE!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
OH why not use the animal areas as hazzards...go ahead risk reward can you really drive 330 over the lion den or would you rather chicken out and take the longer but safer 500 foot dogleg route through the flamingo field...TRUE RISK REWARD THERE!
You do have a point
Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 PM
* Ace Member *

I think an old Walmart that closed, or warehouse. All you would have to do is put down indoor/outdoor carpet on the concrete to protect the discs, and nets to separate parts of the course. That would rock.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 31
I am glad I'm not the only one who has had this thought in an airport. I even had about a dozen discs with me the first time I got this inspiration- it took everything I had to not chunk a few.