Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
I am glad I'm not the only one who has had this thought in an airport. I even had about a dozen discs with me the first time I got this inspiration- it took everything I had to not chunk a few.
Before 9-11 I would say do it. Today, I would say don't even chance it inless you want to miss your flight. Now, crashing a mall, might work.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Before 9-11 I would say do it. Today, I would say don't even chance it unless you want to miss your flight. Now, crashing a mall, might work.
in an airport? forget missing your flight; the tsa, airport cops, and the local pd would all be on top of you checking your discs for biotoxins...
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 229
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
I am also picturing those really long people movers in Las Vegas Airport...picture a tee at one end and a basket at the other...you screw up the drive your disc is on the people mover and gets carried back to the tee HAHA awesome!
Sounds like a fun hole idea!

my top 3 dream indoor disc golf facilities

1. Mall
2. Airport
3. High School

with the school you would have the gym, cafeteria, auditorium, and band room as larger areas, the pool as a water hole, hallways (think of the skips you could get), intersections would make the ultimate 90 degree dogleg, stairs, throwing through doorways ...
Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 10
Factory!

I live in chicopee now, here there are many factories that have closed down and these are HUGE empty buildings. Mostly with homeless people and cats in them, they are prime for indoor discing! I have contacted the city and the problems seem to be back taxes and that they are well out of code now. Sad, they would fit eighteen easy. I guess legit options off the table, got to go underground-porta holes and bolt cutters!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 34
I work at a comedy club in a mall, so I'm always there well after the public leaves. Just tonight I was leaving work and had a couple of putters with me. It took every once of common sense in me to not take a few shots in the empty mall. But its not empty, cameras every 30 feet or so and about a dozen real police officers patrol it.

I do have a mini basket and a good number of minis. I'm debating approaching security and seeing if they'd be cool with me plopping the basket down in more open areas after closing time and play for a few minutes. If it works, I most definitely would video tape it.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 19
One of those old, gothic looking cathederals with the numerous columns might be interesting. The water hazards would be awfully small though.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 102
Well, I'm back in an airport, this time in Portland. I have my 9 discs with me and even with all the people walking through I still want to pull them out and launch them down the concourse. Oh and the security guy had to look at my DG bag twice for some reason. I guess they don't see too many. I like the mall idea and the old factory would be great, stinking back taxes. I would love to find an old factory in a nice hilly and wooded area and put up an indoor course along with a couple of outdoor ones. Talk about the Ultimate DG club possibility.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 107
I'm glad everybody else has thought of this also. Living in St. Paul, I've been to the Mall of America more times than I have count. I've thought about doing a bunch of different things in there, like racing bikes or scooters around, to playing soccer, to setting up a disc golf course. It's big enough you could probably have like 54 holes. And if the rides were still running, you could have to drive from a rollercoaster.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 55
If you watch the movie Robo Cop and you see the end of the movie, when they are in that old factory, that was filmed in East Houston at a huge steel plant that has been closed for 20 years. It would make one hell of a course.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhm9Hgafjug
http://www.flatironflyer.com/

Sorry could not resist.