Old 02-12-2012, 06:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
I took these out for a test drive and MVP round today.Windy and cold but i wanted to test these out today:

Axis: Love this disc! Performed well even in headwind. Dead straight when thrown flat. Very workable too. will be in the bag.

Vector: Didn't feel as comfortable in the hand. When thrown correctly, performed as advertized. i need to work with it more before i decide to put it in the bag.

Ions: Really liked the way these did in the wind today. Eclipse glow did very well inside the circle. UV medium did well as a driving putter. almost aced #9 on my home course today with it. Will most likely replace my Wizards in the bag.

Anode: I need to work with this disc more. i was all over the place putting with it. Will reserve judgement until later.

All in all, I really like MVP discs so far. I'm looking forward to when they start making drivers.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to inscho
I tested the Anode, Ion, Axis and Vector in the wind gusts today as well. I'd have to say it was blowing 10-15 mph. gust probably up to 20. In a slight Right to left headwind ( around a 2 to 8 direction), these discs performed like I thought they would.

Both Anode and Axis didn't take too kindly with a lot of snap. The Ion and Vector performed beautifully. Like anytime, firing away in the wind.. it can be challenging. Throwing these discs straight into it... the Ion and Vector wanted to turn right out of the gate, but ended up fighting back toward the end.

I can say throwing them in the strong tailwind was a lot of fun! All of these disc just picked up and went what seem like miles with a nice level release. All in all, I need some more windy practice days with these(it never hurts). What I did witness was the Ion and Vector are some discs I can have confidence throwing in a 12-6 pure headwind and know they're not going to turn and burn. Just need to work on release angles in these types of situation. I need some more practice with the anode.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 84
Inscho,thank you for the post. i think my issues lean more towards my not playing for over 2 months. I'm sure the more i work with these, the better i'll get.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to inscho
Definitely agree, I haven't dedicated a lot of field time with any of the MVP discs since I ordered them. This test was definitely needed on my part. Really looking forward to knowing each and every one of these discs, inside and out.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Yeah I only have 3 of their discs..

Vector - I throw the most beautiful hyzer's with this disc. I am in love with it.

Ion - It obeys it's master. I love it.. I'm thinking I need a soft Ion though?

Anode - Both of mine seem to be all over the place so I'm not 100% sure. I will have to just keep working.

I still want an Axis. Possibly a Soft Ion. I also want either a Vector or Axis Glow.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just picked up 2 ions and both have a different underside than my other ions. Both are black and have a textured underside of the disc, what run are these?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 5
An early run, 2nd or 3rd.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
2nd, they stopped black after the 2nd runs.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
thansk guys, ill post a pic later for you all to look at for sure.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
So I am interested in trying out the mvp midranges. I am in love with the anode and ion.

For Mids I use a ROC (KC pro DX and r-pro) and a Cobra (DX and Champ) and a Hornet.

Would the Axis and Vector replace the Cobra and Roc essentially? I assume the Axis is stable/understable and Vector is Overstable.
Closed Thread