Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Any info on whether there will be a soft Anode made or not?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGolfer View Post
Any info on whether there will be a soft Anode made or not?
They will make one. But no one seems to know when.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
2nd, they stopped black after the 2nd runs.
Ah, I didn't realize they stopped black between runs.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmo View Post
So I am interested in trying out the mvp midranges. I am in love with the anode and ion.

For Mids I use a ROC (KC pro DX and r-pro) and a Cobra (DX and Champ) and a Hornet.

Would the Axis and Vector replace the Cobra and Roc essentially? I assume the Axis is stable/understable and Vector is Overstable.
quoted for answers?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
So I am interested in trying out the mvp midranges. I am in love with the anode and ion.

For Mids I use a ROC (KC pro DX and r-pro) and a Cobra (DX and Champ) and a Hornet.

Would the Axis and Vector replace the Cobra and Roc essentially? I assume the Axis is stable/understable and Vector is Overstable.
I would say yes. Having said that I carry a Cobra and a Roc (DX, water hazard/don't mind if I lose them) and both the Axis and Vector.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
quoted for answers?
The Axis is stable/stable. They won't have any turn to them (except for some of the flat green FRs) at first. After the loooooong beat in process they will develop some turn. As long as you get good snap on them they'll hold any line you put them on. The current vectors are not as overstable as the first runs, but still overstable. They have a late forward penetrating fade.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM

Courses Played: 6
Ok, so I played an entire evening with the Anode and this is what I've determined:

The thing has almost no fade whatsoever. It will basically go straight until it runs out of steam and then pull the tiniest hyzer you can imagine. I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. People are saying it will hold whatever line you put on it, and for me it just goes straight. It will stabilize if I put any hyzer or anhyzer on it.

Interesting disc. Still need to play around on it more. It is undoubtedly a "straight shooter," just not sure if it's my taste in disc yet, though.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl39 View Post

Interesting disc. Still need to play around on it more. It is undoubtedly a "straight shooter," just not sure if it's my taste in disc yet, though.
I've been using the Anode for the past two weeks and it's true, this is a "straight shooter" -- and I love it. Putting is definitely the weakest part of my game, but since switching to the Anode, I feel better. I use a straddle putt with a sharp wrist snap at the end -- much like the "Snake Strike Putt" on Youtube -- and from as far out as the edge of the circle, I can just fire it into the basket almost every time, which I could never do with my JK, Ryno, Birdie or the other countless number of putters I've tried throughout the years. I really don't, however, like how it feels much farther out than that, so I still go to my reliable and predictable Star Roc Plus for approach and long putts.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Smashed the top front of the basket on a 280' hole today with a left to right tailwind with my Anode today...I released it high with the smallest touch of hyzer and it flew straight from start to finish, dropping fast right at the basket. I really thought it was going to be be my first Anode ace. On putts I'm really starting to get the feel with them. I prefer to putt laser straight, but today I was forced to throw some different putts because of my lies and the wind. I hit a low line drive that I had to spin hard to go through/under some foliage and a couple of hyzer putts around trees. For me, the Anode is a lot more intuitive for shaping putting lines than the Ion is, yet it still has great hss on flat putts.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Birdie Member

Tossed a Axis today. Seemed a bit longer and slightly more stable than the disc I normally use which is a Buzzz SS. I think I'm going to pick a couple out and test them out some more. Might end up in the bag if I can get consistency out of them.
Closed Thread