Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violets caddy View Post
That's cool
Just curious, does MVP sponsor you?
I've noticed in tournaments I've played in a lot of people have either never heard of them or dismissed them as a gimmick. It's good to see them being used successfuly at the highest level, hopefully that'll trickle down to the lower levels.
No sponsorship here. Just a guy who loves wonderful consistent discs. Everything MVP offers is something I badly wanted in a consistent form.

I made just about everyone I played with or ran into fondle all my MVP discs and had a lot of top pros admit that they were very nice. I also had a lot of questions about what I threw after I used them. Pros I made fondle them include (but are not limited to) -Paul McBeth, Will Schusterick, KJ Nybo, Derek Billings, Steve Rico, Cary Trotter, Jere Eshelman, etc.

I also kept trying to push the Am guys towards the MVP section of the DD disc sales. I want more success for MVP to speed up the process towards new plastic.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
No sponsorship here. Just a guy who loves wonderful consistent discs. Everything MVP offers is something I badly wanted in a consistent form.

I made just about everyone I played with or ran into fondle all my MVP discs and had a lot of top pros admit that they were very nice. I also had a lot of questions about what I threw after I used them. Pros I made fondle them include (but are not limited to) -Paul McBeth, Will Schusterick, KJ Nybo, Derek Billings, Steve Rico, Cary Trotter, Jere Eshelman, etc.

I also kept trying to push the Am guys towards the MVP section of the DD disc sales. I want more success for MVP to speed up the process towards new plastic.
sounds like a good time to me.... I am hosting an unofficial MVP tournament later this year. Players Pack will include choice of MVP mold and it already has me excited just to be able to show some players what MVP has to offer.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wiley View Post
sounds like a good time to me.... I am hosting an unofficial MVP tournament later this year. Players Pack will include choice of MVP mold and it already has me excited just to be able to show some players what MVP has to offer.
Is that the MVP Championship that was on discgolfscene but isn't anymore?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violets caddy View Post
Is that the MVP Championship that was on discgolfscene but isn't anymore?
no, it is not
Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 14
It would be nice if mvp would do some demo days this summer. I am a x teaching pro in ball golf and it is so easy to sell product when the golfers SEE and FEEL how much better a product is. This also would allow golfers to try different weights and domes and plh to find what works best. Right now people are still being asked to spend 15 to 20 bucks and hope it works out.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis18 View Post
It would be nice if mvp would do some demo days this summer. I am a x teaching pro in ball golf and it is so easy to sell product when the golfers SEE and FEEL how much better a product is. This also would allow golfers to try different weights and domes and plh to find what works best. Right now people are still being asked to spend 15 to 20 bucks and hope it works out.
Concur. I was at the GGGT presentation Steve from Vibram put on last year and they had some very healthy sales immediately following the presentation.

Hint, hint. The Minnesota Majestic is being supported by GGGT this year and we are going to do our best to make the 25th Majestic the best ever. A presentation during one of those days would be huge. I love the Glow Axis for everything from 150 to 300, as well as the Anode for everything from 40 to 150, and with UPS here posting so much, MVP definitely has some exposure in the Twin Cities already. If a new driver just happened to be coming out at the same time as the Majestic...
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
steve came to our course and did a durability test he said the vibram would be more durable than any other disc my friend put an ion to the test and it had less wear than steves it was pretty funny they were doing full speed drives with eachothers discs at a brick wall
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Concur. I was at the GGGT presentation Steve from Vibram put on last year and they had some very healthy sales immediately following the presentation.

Hint, hint. The Minnesota Majestic is being supported by GGGT this year and we are going to do our best to make the 25th Majestic the best ever. A presentation during one of those days would be huge. I love the Glow Axis for everything from 150 to 300, as well as the Anode for everything from 40 to 150, and with UPS here posting so much, MVP definitely has some exposure in the Twin Cities already. If a new driver just happened to be coming out at the same time as the Majestic...
I'm trying my best to spread the good word of MVP. Perhaps I should go Jehovah Witness style.

Maybe I should talk to GGGT about some kind of demo thing at the Majestic. If I don't decide to play it that is.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 14
You just need someone who understands disc flight and knows your mvp line. This could be anyone. The important part of this is for people to see these discs come off their own hands and see how different Mvp disc fly for them. Not Paul Mcbeth throwing and flipping up a axis 400 feet down the fairway. I see this in some of these pro clinics. Let the people throw the discs! Everything else will take care of its self. The only thing you have to make sure is you don't push the staff to hard to sell. This makes both the golfers and the students/buyers uneasy. Buying a disc should be a fun and exciting thing. Right now I watch new golfers in Played again sports and Big 5s and the just look confused?

Old 03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

On May 5th I have a Disc Demo Day Scheduled where I will be letting people try MVP, Legacy, Latitude 64, and more. In my area, most players know about Discraft and throw Innova. The local retailer is starting to bring in more products from other manufacturers, up to 8 now, but is having trouble moving the higher cost plastic. I hope that this Demo Day brings a few people out to see what else is out there in the disc golf world. I am also hoping that people might get interested in trying out a sport and will take advantage of a free event.
Closed Thread