Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wiley View Post
I'm hosting a Disc Demo Day where MVP molds will be featured in May. I'm basically letting anybody come out and throw around the plastic I have been picking up the last few months. I still need to get my hands on some anodes and hopefully an axis, they seem to be hard to come by in the marketplace lately. As usual, I am late to the party....
I'm trying to get one going at the MN Majestic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violets caddy View Post
I told the guy that instead of cash he should have them make him a batch of unique colored discs but I don't blame him for taking their offer. I considered putting my 3 up for sale when I saw the price
Link please?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 1
You want a link to my pm box
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violets caddy View Post
I told the guy that instead of cash he should have them make him a batch of unique colored discs but I don't blame him for taking their offer. I considered putting my 3 up for sale when I saw the price
That price wont be matched. MVP bought it because they do not have any first runs left adn they regret selling them all off. Now that they have one I doubt they will ever buy another. That brings the price back to reality.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 48
Where is my driver???

I switched to an all MVP bag. I knew what I was getting into; in the winter I dedicated myself to throwing controlled layups on longer holes and did fine. Now it is warm. Now the competition will get better. Weekly season is upon us. I need a friggin driver to compete!! I can't keep throwing rollers, 90% of the holes in MN won't take a roller anyways.

I just bought an Innova Viking to throw into the bag for long drives. I hate it staring up out of my bag at me. It just doesn't fit. But I need something. What am I supposed to do? I'm not joking, if this spring goes by without a driver I may as well just sell off my MVP and go back to Rocs and Aviars.

MVP, stop leaving your dedicated fanbase high and dry, release a driver already!!! Please??
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 42
You won't let yourself throw a mixed bag? I carry every MVP disc, and then plenty non-MVP as well. It works out pretty well.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
Where is my driver???

I switched to an all MVP bag. I knew what I was getting into; in the winter I dedicated myself to throwing controlled layups on longer holes and did fine. Now it is warm. Now the competition will get better. Weekly season is upon us. I need a friggin driver to compete!! I can't keep throwing rollers, 90% of the holes in MN won't take a roller anyways.

I just bought an Innova Viking to throw into the bag for long drives. I hate it staring up out of my bag at me. It just doesn't fit. But I need something. What am I supposed to do? I'm not joking, if this spring goes by without a driver I may as well just sell off my MVP and go back to Rocs and Aviars.

MVP, stop leaving your dedicated fanbase high and dry, release a driver already!!! Please??
I am sure they are working on a driver. So far I haven't been disappointed by the molds they have produced. I don't think they are going to rush into mass production, but by mid June, they will probably have something lined up and ready to throw. I am hoping for something around speed 7 or 8, a nice fairway driver mold. Only time will tell how "gyro technology" will translate to a driver mold.

*just my .02*
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wiley View Post
I am sure they are working on a driver. So far I haven't been disappointed by the molds they have produced. I don't think they are going to rush into mass production, but by mid June, they will probably have something lined up and ready to throw. I am hoping for something around speed 7 or 8, a nice fairway driver mold. Only time will tell how "gyro technology" will translate to a driver mold.

*just my .02*
We kinda know how the gyro is going to work. Blizzard discs kinda have.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
You won't let yourself throw a mixed bag? I carry every MVP disc, and then plenty non-MVP as well. It works out pretty well.
I have thrown a mixed bag before, about 21 years worth in fact. I have gone through phases where I would limit myself to certain discs to make the game fresh. With MVP it seemed like a good switch. Without a driver I am regretting it. I will be honest, I could have gone all Lat 64 and had a full set of discs and be perfectly happy.

I don't expect the driver to land in my lap tomorrow, but in a few months I will be past ancy and into annoyed...
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 23
Not too big on the Blizzard plastic. It's OK.. I will toy with it more. As for the Driver.. Yeah 7 or 8 sounds perfect. I'd like an Understable Fairway Driver.. That would help me sooo much!! You don't have understable plastic yet any ways. As far as only throwing MVP? Idk how. You can't throw with 2 mids and 2 putters.. If your looking to put up good numbers consistently. You should consider throwing other Plastic.. I personally carry a Vector and Anode. I'm buying a few more Vectors and have a backup Anode. The Ion and Vector in Eclipse should do be fine though. Night golfing you have to throw all MVP!!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 35
I want an MVP Eagle equivalent and it would be great to get a 150 class version. The lack of lighter Axis/Vectors aggravates me.
Closed Thread