Disc Golf Store
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I was more directing that at MNcyclone.

Eclipse Anodes might be longer than you think, but I am with you there.
I assumed as much on both accounts. I probably won't order anymore MVP until something new comes out.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Come out with me sometime to Plymouth Creek and I can show you what the Anode / Axis combo can do. Of course that would be the day I end up smacking every tree on the course and end up in the mid 40s. I am due for one of those rounds once a month.

No kidding though, the Axis is the perfect disc for teeing off on Holes 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I turn around and tee off with the Anode on 1, 4, 10, and 11. In fact, Hole 12 is the only hole I pull a driver out for.
Isn't hole 12 the very short downhill one? You should let me know if you guys are going to do this so I can tag along and add to the MVP magic!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 48
All right, I'm calm. And I will calmly march my money over to Lat 64 or Vibram if a driver isn't available by June 1. You can talk the talk but I am walking the walk. You try to run an MVP only bag without a driver available. Try showing up at Elm Creek without a driver. I'm not rolling all the way up #18's fairway.

The fact that MVP discs are so overhyped and fungible in the MP makes my defection that much more appealing.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Come out with me sometime to Plymouth Creek and I can show you what the Anode / Axis combo can do. Of course that would be the day I end up smacking every tree on the course and end up in the mid 40s. I am due for one of those rounds once a month.

No kidding though, the Axis is the perfect disc for teeing off on Holes 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I turn around and tee off with the Anode on 1, 4, 10, and 11. In fact, Hole 12 is the only hole I pull a driver out for.
I played there once and it was ok.. I had brought a SS Wizard & Champion Eagle and did fine.. Lots of Pars. I just like the buzzz more. Currently have none that I can use.. I'm going to buy some more.. I won't be buying that next Glow disc till'... Possibly this weekend. Along with a Teebird, and some Buzzz's.. I also am getting some more Vectors. I'm even gonna get a Soft Anode. The Anode def does damage though. I practiced putting in my backyard for 30min today and I decided for long putts to throw a midrange throw with less power.. I was sinking it so many times. BTW my anode is a fantastic roller.. That's not a good thing. lol
Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

I don't see the reason for a 1 brand bag. I like ot mix and match.

What do you guys think the first run Ion auction in the MP is going to top out at?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
How you can you be like that for a Driver? Consistency is more important to me. I've bought the same disc from Innova before as a different one and they are totally different. MVP.. Never! That's important to me. I would expect around Early-Mid June. Fairway Driver is important first step though. Also You can't compare MVP with Vibram.. MVP is way better IMO.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
I don't see the reason for a 1 brand bag. I like ot mix and match.
Because I can. I have been mixing and matching for years and years. And years. And more years. I wanted to do something fun. MVP produces discs like nobody else. They aren't better, they are just different. Shouldn't MVP promote this? Shouldn't they actually encourage players to throw only MVP?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
Shouldn't MVP promote this? Shouldn't they actually encourage players to throw only MVP?
Yes and yes. Doesn't mean I have to comply. I would love to see a full MVP lineup but it doesn't mean I will automatically throw them (try them-yes).
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
How long did you throw the Axis for? Seems like it takes a couple weeks for it to grow on people.
Your correct on this one, at lease for me. I have been banging this Axis for 3 weeks and the other day I managed to get the Axis to do what I have always though it could do. I am now hooked on the Axis! The Anode came out of the bag because there was just too much overlap with the Ion and carrying less weight is always good.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
All right, I'm calm. And I will calmly march my money over to Lat 64 or Vibram if a driver isn't available by June 1. You can talk the talk but I am walking the walk. You try to run an MVP only bag without a driver available. Try showing up at Elm Creek without a driver. I'm not rolling all the way up #18's fairway.

The fact that MVP discs are so overhyped and fungible in the MP makes my defection that much more appealing.
What your deal? If you're so upset about it why not just switch over now? Seems like you're making a big deal out of nothing. There is nothing wrong with throwing a mixed bag, and I'm sure you know that. But you're too stubborn...
Closed Thread