Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
I try to ask for color updates from time to time and I've never been told there are Red eclipses...Maybe the Axis but I don't think there's a Red Eclipse Ion. That said, MVP's red and pink are very similar like their green and yellow. Personally, I think all the colors look much lighter with the eclipse rim. It's sort of an optical illusion that way.
The exact reason I will be at least switching my driving putter to an Eclipse Soft Anode when they come out.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 41
Yeah I agree with you two, the white overmold really makes the colors pop. Bright red and green eclipse discs are pretty damn easy to find. Even my dark blue eclipse Vectors stand out pretty well in tall grass because of that bright overmold.

Tossed some medium glow anodes around today and they're smooth as butter. Convinced me to keep an Anode in my bag for driving duties along with the Ions I just put back in there. I think I just need to get over my reservations over carrying two putter molds because they compliment each other quite well from what I saw today.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
I can't wait to get some of these Eclipse Anodes. Right now I am approaching with Opto Pures but i'd love to get it out of my bag so I have all MVP approach discs.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 48
So, I'm interested in an Anode. Should I get Medium or Soft? I'm currently using a JK pro Aviar and like that softness, but firmer is always an option. I don't care for any softer.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

I'd go for the medium in that case. It has some flex to it but you can't fold it in half like you can with the softs.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 48
Yeah, I don't want a taco. I'm afraid to throw discs that soft. They just flop out of my hand.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHAFNER View Post
So, I'm interested in an Anode. Should I get Medium or Soft? I'm currently using a JK pro Aviar and like that softness, but firmer is always an option. I don't care for any softer.
Softs are not that floppy. In heat the mediums are perfect firmness, IMO, but don't grip the chains as well as softs.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
I'd go for the medium in that case. It has some flex to it but you can't fold it in half like you can with the softs.
you can fold softs in half, but not that easily. Softs are in no way shape or form floppy and in my opinion is the perfect stiffness for putters...at least in my case.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 52
I carry mediums, but use them mostly for drives. Are you looking for a putting putter or a driving putter?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Yeah I agree with you two, the white overmold really makes the colors pop. Bright red and green eclipse discs are pretty damn easy to find. Even my dark blue eclipse Vectors stand out pretty well in tall grass because of that bright overmold.

Tossed some medium glow anodes around today and they're smooth as butter. Convinced me to keep an Anode in my bag for driving duties along with the Ions I just put back in there. I think I just need to get over my reservations over carrying two putter molds because they compliment each other quite well from what I saw today.
I'm a firm believer in mold minimalism as well (big surprise there) but the Ion and Annode compliment each other very, very well. I throw the Ion in the open field more because I feel I can put it on a straight throw a bit better. The Annode comes out for wooded shots, lower shots, or shots where I need the disc to finish right.
Closed Thread