Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Screw redbull i'll just listen to the music in that video!

Agree w/ discpeed on the purple eclipse it is an amazing color combo.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Hmm really? I've only gotten a round in with the soft glows and a handful with the meds bug I was thinking the opposite. The softs in particular felt pretty beefy. Maybe it was just me. Gonna throw them some more after work and I'll report back.
My yellow 174 soft glow Anode seems like my straightest soft after throwing it with a bunch of my Anodes together today. What colors/weights are you testing?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Im throwing a 172 blue and 173 green. They dont throw much different than my other Anodes but on under 300' shots they seem to have just a slightly more aggressive fade.

Either way they've been throwing great for me. I had a couple of nice drives today with them and also worked them on upshots and putts. About two weeks ago I switched back to my old putting Ion, a 171 opaque white. I was feeling nice and confident with it but having putted with nothing but these two eclipse anodes the past two rounds I think I might switch back. That little bit of extra glide is nice and they pop out of the hand real smooth.

Whats your putter line-up like right now? I had the putting Ion, a 175 OS driving Ion and 170 s Anode before I got my testers. Now I'm putting the 172 eclipse anode, driving the 173 bright green since it stands out so well, and have that 175 Ion that's pretty beefy for when I want more fade.

Out of all my Anodes I think the original orange M testers I got and my most used S, that 170g are the straightest. None have lost their hss at all so far though...they seem to wear nicely.

Last edited by Mike C; 06-14-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
My Soft Eclipses fly just like my Soft Protons. Same with my Regular Eclipses and regular Protons.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
I am switching back from Proton Anodes to Eclipse Ions. The Anodes were good for driving but often overshot on approaches and I could never dial them in as putters. I would not use the Ions for driving much, but being a little slower they approach more accurately (although reducing the number of runs I can take at the basket). I will never be a good putter, but I feel a little more confident putting with the Ion than the Anode.

Now, what I am going to do with these seven Anodes I am sitting on? I am going to keep one in the bag for making those lower-powered runs at the basket, especially when I have a tight window to thread through, but the rest were for putting practice. Do you want them, Sam? Four softs and two mediums. Two of the softs are Majestic stamped, one is straight up blank, and all are green.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:13 AM
* Ace Member *

I'll have to check my fund levels after I get back from WI next week. If they're still around after the Majestic and I have some doll hairs then I'll gladly take them, or some at least.

BTW, these soft Eclipse Anodes are $$$ for spike hyzers and Stalling spikes. smarkquart saw it first hand tonight.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
I'm realy likeing my Eclipse Anodes, except that if they land on the top on a hill, they just slide for days. Today one of mine slid right down into a lake. The plastic's just too slick.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by humchris85 View Post
I'm realy likeing my Eclipse Anodes, except that if they land on the top on a hill, they just slide for days. Today one of mine slid right down into a lake. The plastic's just too slick.
Could be a combo of the plastic and whatever is on the ground. Mine seem to hug the ground just as well as my Protons.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

Whats your putter line-up like right now? I had the putting Ion, a 175 OS driving Ion and 170 s Anode before I got my testers. Now I'm putting the 172 eclipse anode, driving the 173 bright green since it stands out so well, and have that 175 Ion that's pretty beefy for when I want more fade.
Before I got the eclipse Anodes I was putting with a 173 UV blue soft Anode with a red 175 soft Anode for drives. I also carried a purple 170 soft for tailwind/high lines and long jump putts/runs at the basket. Overall though, I practice with a slew of Anodes and even some Ions, so I'd feel comfortable putting with any of mine. My Ions tend to hit the cage a lot now about an inch too low.

I really like the look and flight of my Eclipse Anodes. In shaded woods they contrast visually so much more than the black overmolds and the white seems to really bring the colors to life as well. I like my Eclipse softs so much (170 purple, 174 yellow) that they have replaced 2/3 Anodes I was carrying in my bag.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:13 AM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by humchris85 View Post
Sounds more like a ground problem then a plastic problem.
Closed Thread