Old 07-05-2012, 01:27 AM
* Ace Member *

bought the ion/anode and my new opto pure to the field today. Man once again the mvp is the winner here for me. I think that the curved inner rim has gotten to my head in a good way. Seems to work with my grip much better than the pure.

On the other hand the eze pures have kicked my anodes out of putting duties loving the shallow pure.

This is leaving me to think that the anode may be getting knocked out of the bag. The ion is taking more and more of my approaches and drives off the tee. Never thought i would be without the anode but its getting close to the b team.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
bought the ion/anode and my new opto pure to the field today. Man once again the mvp is the winner here for me. I think that the curved inner rim has gotten to my head in a good way. Seems to work with my grip much better than the pure.

On the other hand the eze pures have kicked my anodes out of putting duties loving the shallow pure.

This is leaving me to think that the anode may be getting knocked out of the bag. The ion is taking more and more of my approaches and drives off the tee. Never thought i would be without the anode but its getting close to the b team.
I might just have to show you some more Anode magic I guess! Honestly tho, they are both great discs.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:25 AM
* Ace Member *

not giving up yet. opto pure is out. now tomorrow its the ion vs. the anode. the showdown!!! who am i kidding i may have to make room for both. The differences to me are showing a ton more lately.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Just got my first MVP midrange, the axis. One thing I noticed right away is that with more weight closer to the edge it feels like I get get more snap than a regular disc of the same weight, and more snap=awesome. I never really thought about the snap benefits of the overmold before holding the disc but I guess this is what MVP is talking about here:

"The process of transferring mass away from the axis of rotation increases the discís moment of inertia at parabolic proportions."

Anyhow, I wouldn't mind a moment of inertia boost on my drivers so I can't wait to hold a Volt!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Im still waiting to hear about Neutron coming to the Vector, Axis, Ion, and Anode.. I have to try all 4.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
I finally replaced my first lost axis today before a tourney and trusted it enough to bring it right in. One early shank was followed by a few good drive/ approaches and particularly a sick, tight, 370' drive and birdie on a mostly unbirdiable hole everyone throws driver on. Made the cash by a stroke so I can thank the new axis
Old 07-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Im still waiting to hear about Neutron coming to the Vector, Axis, Ion, and Anode.. I have to try all 4.
^^ This. Mostly interested in a Neutron Axis and Vector.

And I want to know more about how grippy or flexible it is.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

What I'm looking forward to seeing in new plastic in order of greatest to least: Proton Volt, Neutron Axis, Neutron Anode, Neutron Ion, Neutron Vector.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Does anyone else find the black rim green Vectors to be very straight flying with little fade at the end?

On the other hand... my white rim (eclipse) vectors seem to be far more overstable and doesnt hold a straight line very long at all..

all my proton vectors fly the same (stright with little fade) and all my eclipse proton fly the same (more overstable) so they are consistent between the two molds

i just find them to be two different discs in my bag.. i go to eclipse for hyzers and i go to my proton for long straight with short bootleg left

Im RHBH by the way.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
Does anyone else find the black rim green Vectors to be very straight flying with little fade at the end?

On the other hand... my white rim (eclipse) vectors seem to be far more overstable and doesnt hold a straight line very long at all..

all my proton vectors fly the same (stright with little fade) and all my eclipse proton fly the same (more overstable) so they are consistent between the two molds

i just find them to be two different discs in my bag.. i go to eclipse for hyzers and i go to my proton for long straight with short bootleg left

Im RHBH by the way.
I'm the opposite. Proton is more stable than Eclipse. In my experience the stability depends on the dome. More dome = more stability from what I've found.
Closed Thread