Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post

If they follow the trend of other manufacturers with Proton being like Champ/Z, and now Neutron being like Star/ESP, then I would expect Neutron to be slightly higher in price. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it was the same (which would be great).
The trend you speak of is to take something that costs less and charge more for it. I don't think MVP will start following this trend. I'm guessing neutron will cost similar to proton. The only reason the Eclipse discs cost more is because MVP uses a lot of really expensive glow material.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The trend you speak of is to take something that costs less and charge more for it. I don't think MVP will start following this trend. I'm guessing neutron will cost similar to proton. The only reason the Eclipse discs cost more is because MVP uses a lot of really expensive glow material.
Yeah, I guess that's why I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same price. I hope so
Old 07-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 15
MVP = Awesome

So I knew MVP made good discs--I've had a Vector and Ion that have been money for me. But I had no idea just HOW good until today.

I recently picked up a first-run Vector, an Axis, and an Anode. Took them along with my Eclipse Vector and Ion out to the course today for a test-drive. Went two under at my home course after 19 holes which is close to my best.

My results?

1. The Vector is my all-time favorite mid. I had mild winds (15-20 mph) a-blowin' and the Eclipse Vector performed beautifully. I had it out on lines that I've always used my Teebird for, with similar if not greater distance. Definitely out-performed anything else I've thrown in the wind.

2. The Axis was new to me, and it was love at first throw. Into the wind it held a gentle turn and parked hole 3. I also parked hole 16 (never gotten that far with a driver), and barely missed an ace on 15 (again, farthest drive ever on that hole). The Axis simply refused to come out of the sky. I know they're supposed to glide, and watching it in "real life" was awesome.

3. The Anode was also new, and turned out to be money. Same line-shaping abilities as the Axis. Great putter (I usual putt with Yeti's), too. I parked more upshots with the Anode today than I've done with any other disc.

Suffice it to say, I was re-made a believer in MVP. I was amazed over and over again at just how well they lock onto line and STAY there. The wind was hardly a factor, which blew me away. All in all I like these discs.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
1. The Vector is my all-time favorite mid. I had mild winds (15-20 mph) a-blowin' and the Eclipse Vector performed beautifully. I had it out on lines that I've always used my Teebird for, with similar if not greater distance. Definitely out-performed anything else I've thrown in the wind.
I love the Vector too.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 AM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
We have an important announcement regarding the release date of the Volt.

As market demand for our discs has grown, our facilities have recently been expanded with all-new state-of-the-art molding machines. These will bring an unprecedented level of repeatability under strict tolerances.

These new machines are nearing setup at our facility. With quality and consistency being our #1 objective, the Neutron Volt will go into full production as soon as these machines are cranking out a perfect disc. We do not have a concrete release date for the Volt for this reason, but rest assured it is our top priority and we look forward to offering a Neutron Volt produced by this new equipment. Stay tuned here, on the forums, or our social media for updates.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 AM
* Ace Member *

yipee!!!! wait ummmmm..... oh man its going to be longer because they want it to be perfect. Those darn MVP guys and their awesomeness!!!!!

Thanks for the update!!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 AM

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 22
Dang, these guys work late!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 86
I let a friend borrow my hot pink(red) Eclipse Ion back in April. I got it back last week and it is no longer pink. He said it was left outside for about a week. I also have a yellow one that is losing it's brightness and becoming harder to find. Are all of my MVP discs going to lose their color like this?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
I let a friend borrow my hot pink(red) Eclipse Ion back in April. I got it back last week and it is no longer pink. He said it was left outside for about a week. I also have a yellow one that is losing it's brightness and becoming harder to find. Are all of my MVP discs going to lose their color like this?
yeah it seems that this is the case with MVP. Grip did an experiment with these and had the same results. Do not leave your mvp outside for extended time frames they will fade. But that one looks cool!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

yeah you're lucky steve. sell that one to a longhorn for a big profit!!
Closed Thread