Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I know you guys keep information a guarded secret, and it's been asked a million times. But is there any way we can know if Volts will be released in August? Discspeed, UPS, MikeC...anyone...is there any idea if we're at least getting close?
I don't claim to represent MVP, but I believe they had to do an upgrade or repair or something along those lines in their factory for the Volt. That's probably why they announced Neutron and the Volt at the same time, then released Neutron Ions first... to keep the masses happy while we wait. And no, none of the testers will be given any information before the masses are, and if they are they'd probably be unable to announce it.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yea, I know about the upgrades and all that jazz. I'm hoping these come out this month though. Making us wait is pure evil...genius. I'm just venting my impatience outloud.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I'm sure chad and brad will be doing everything they can to get the volts goin as soon as they can, but we all know how everything must be perfect. I'd be surprised if it went past mid September at the very latest. (this is just a speculation, though!)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Well if they aren't released by the middle of August, I'm selling all my MVP discs and taking their sticker off my stool!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

I'm going to play devil's advocate and predict that it's still going to be some time before we see the Volt...I wouldn't even be too surprised if we got something else new from MVP before the Volt...
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate and predict that it's still going to be some time before we see the Volt...I wouldn't even be too surprised if we got something else new from MVP before the Volt...
I agree. I do think that they should have waited until they had an actual release date in mind before announcing a new model. I can see a month in advance, if that ends up being the case, but much more than that and the buzz (no pun intended) fizzles out.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

I say take their time, they did right by releasing neutron already to give us something!!! This new manufacturing process has got to be a ton to take on. Remember MVP discs is only a small part of what they do. Taking their time is all good in my book.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Here's a video. I think max d bh was 350-360 and maybe 275 fh. 13 was a nice surprise. Got lucky on 14.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Hey mike, loving the videos, but what are your thoughts on the plastic? better grip? not as sticky as proton in hotter weather? any flight differences?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember2morrow View Post
I agree. I do think that they should have waited until they had an actual release date in mind before announcing a new model. I can see a month in advance, if that ends up being the case, but much more than that and the buzz (no pun intended) fizzles out.
MVP needed to get the Volt sent in for approval with time to make possible changes...It's the first overmolded driver and you just never know what the PDGA may find when they inspect a disc. They would not have announced it, but when it is approved it goes public.
Closed Thread