Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
^^great to hear! I hope the neutron plastic is dominant enough to replace my protons!
I love my neutron ion, but it hasn't replaced my soft ion for everything. Putting inside the circle I still use the soft. For driving, approach and putting outside the circle I use the neutron.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
False. I want to get a first run Neutron Vector ASAP
They won't do FR's.. They need to crank out a Volt before winter though.. The Axis and Vector will be here in fall time hopefully along with the Volt. I don't like playing in the winter much.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
MVP said: "With quality and consistency being our #1 objective". To me, without any doubt, it should be #1 objective for any disc makers! So far I am very pleased with MVP progress (yeah kinda slow but doing right things to maintain that #1 objective is far much more important).

I currently use PD for "control distance driver" and I am bit frustrated with some of the inconsistencies. I had one yellow 160g S-PD that has Firebird stability (higher PLH) (it was nice but I took it out because if I lose it, then I won't be able to find (or hard to) another PD like this) and I stick with XXX instead. I have a seasoned white 166g S-PD that is quite sweet (like a faster new DX Teebird with predictable fade at end) which I really like but it is only one I have right now as I have other S-PD's (the orange ones 167 to 172) which are quite more stable and even with some seasoning, one of orange one has not arrived to similar stability as the white one. In short, I would do anything to find that white S-PD if it gets lost somewhere.

I see recent comments about some OLF throwers not pleased with 1.3 run.

Other inconsistencies I have encountered is flight plate. I like bit soft-medium flight plate. I have OLFs where some OLF have really stiff hard flight plate and other OLFs have medium flight plate. Ditto with PD, the white S-PD flight plate is soft-medium which I really like and the yellow one is bit stiff and the orange ones are more like medium.

Man, I cannot wait for Volt and I am sure it will address all of the concerns/issues I have with PD/OLF (as well many other discs that are not MVP). I think I would get the lightest one (168), the medium-weight one (171-172) and the heaviest (175) to cover decent range of stabilities. Then add new Volt of same weight when one gets really seasoned well (would take time). I hope colors would not make any difference in stability. (I had GL Flows that are quite different in stabilities based on color).
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Also Anodes blow my mind with how dead straight and neutral they fly while still being able to fight moderate headwinds off the tee. I have never seen any other putter act like that.
This amazes me as well. The Anode has become my favorite MVP disc.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
This amazes me as well. The Anode has become my favorite MVP disc.
I used to be the same way but all of a sudden I can't throw it as well as my beaded disks and it's driving me crazy.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
I hope colors would not make any difference in stability. (I had GL Flows that are quite different in stabilities based on color).
I remember this being an issue for MVP as well.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

I read that the neutron anode is faster. Is there more fade on the neutron anode putting with it?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
I read that the neutron anode is faster. Is there more fade on the neutron anode putting with it?
Since it is quicker it will stall more when thrown with the nose up or if started with hyzer, but on flat shots it has less LSS than my soft Anodes.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm really curious to see if they can get a Neutron Axis down to the low 170s. If they can, my Core/Warship may be in trouble.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
I remember this being an issue for MVP as well.
If colors do affect stability, at least make it consistent in future runs. It would be good thing to have.
Closed Thread