Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Dunno what it is with the neutron putters and flicks but I just sank a 125' fh upshot with my neutron anode. Funny thig is it was on the same hole I sank that long neutron Ion approach except I had flicked a quasar from the long tee.
A few quick questions. Do you prefer the Neutron Anode to the Ion? Did you have a preference when it was just the Proton models? Do these Anodes stick in the chains better??
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Depends on what kind of shot I'm throwing. Anode all day for putts in soft proton...probably switching to soft neutron for putts if they release it. Anode or Ion for upshots and drives depending on what line I need and what the wind is doing. I don't notice a difference with how they grab the chains but they're giving me real nice releases on flicks. Not 100% sure if it's the plastic or firmness since before I got these neutron testers I carried all soft putters.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Vibram invented othermolding technology. That's where the other side of the disc is molded out of different plastic,
I'd say that Quest had them beat by a couple years on dual material discs.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
^ and i'd say AMF Voit had them beat before that aswell hehehe
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Well I bought a pair of Neutron Anode's today down at GGGT. They are wonderful. I bought a 174g Yellow & a 173g Black. The store had virtually no 175g Anode's which sucked.. But anyways. Took them down to a new course.. Wow.. They are seriously magic. I was driving them perfectly. Right under the basket. For putts they would float right in. I had 5 Birdies from the magic of these discs. Most I've ever had in a round, considering it was an easier course. But still. I am in love with these discs, I am officially taking out my S Proton and M Proton Anodes and putting in the Neutron Anode's.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Depends on what kind of shot I'm throwing. Anode all day for putts in soft proton...probably switching to soft neutron for putts if they release it. Anode or Ion for upshots and drives depending on what line I need and what the wind is doing. I don't notice a difference with how they grab the chains but they're giving me real nice releases on flicks. Not 100% sure if it's the plastic or firmness since before I got these neutron testers I carried all soft putters.
I don't fh. Nearly as well as you do, but I have found that I fh my med/reg anode far better than my softs. Like you I putt with the softs (love em). So it might be the firmness
Old 08-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Bogey Member

Okay so I am looking at changing putters and am looking at getting an MVP. So I had some questions, do you prefer the Ion or the Anode? Proton, Proton Soft, or Neutron? Right now I use a Vibram Ridge but want something with more glide.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 1
Neutron Ion.

Haven't tried the Anode, but you'll get a lot of votes for that too.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 24
Proton Soft Anode for putting. I used to putt w Ridge and wanted more glide so I switched to Voodoo, then Ion and now Anode. I am spin putter and Anode gives me nice glide and straighter putts.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by An UrgeTo Dance View Post
Okay so I am looking at changing putters and am looking at getting an MVP. So I had some questions, do you prefer the Ion or the Anode? Proton, Proton Soft, or Neutron? Right now I use a Vibram Ridge but want something with more glide.
Here's my limited 2 cents. I was putting with DX Rhynos/driving with Champ for awhile, but changed it up to the Ions and I hit 2 Eagles today in one round! Granted, I've "learned" how to putt now, but they just feel nicer. I have a soft one for putting and the regular is my driver. I have an Anode in route and I heard it's a more stable flyer than the Ion, so I might drive with that. Either route, Ion or Anode, you should love it.

I also agree with the ability to nicely flick these, I think because of they rim. I flicked one on a laser to Eagle a hole. Plus they glide NICELY!
Closed Thread