#2551  
Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
pspunch's Avatar
pspunch pspunch is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,090
I don't really care how long it takes, but an update would be nice. If they do drop in and read this forum, drop a little note saying we had a delay here and there but we're thinking xy/za/12 as a tentative date. That's what's frustrating, they dropped the info way before they could deliver the goods
  #2552  
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
I don't really care how long it takes, but an update would be nice. If they do drop in and read this forum, drop a little note saying we had a delay here and there but we're thinking xy/za/12 as a tentative date. That's what's frustrating, they dropped the info way before they could deliver the goods
Remember MVP did not drop the info, it simply is public when a disc is approved. It is important for manufacturers to get discs approved as early as possible in case there is an unforeseen issue that needs to be fixed. If MVP could give an accurate and specific timetable they would, but molding discs is as much art as science and there are ALWAYS issues to deal with. So it's not cool to give a date when they don't know for sure. Looking at the anticipation/disappointment with the wait so far, just imagine what this thread would look like if MVP had given specific dates and had to push them back.
  #2553  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Posts: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
To need re-approval I believe the mold/pieces need to have been changed.
I don't believe this is true. Innova changes molds on discs without sending them in for re-approval. I think if they keep the same name than it is good to go.
  #2554  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
inscho's Avatar
inscho inscho is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 306
Send a message via AIM to inscho
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
just imagine what this thread would look like if MVP had given specific dates and had to push them back.

Yeah man.. It'd be like Grip 2.0 fiasco!!
  #2555  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM
pspunch's Avatar
pspunch pspunch is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Remember MVP did not drop the info, it simply is public when a disc is approved. It is important for manufacturers to get discs approved as early as possible in case there is an unforeseen issue that needs to be fixed. If MVP could give an accurate and specific timetable they would, but molding discs is as much art as science and there are ALWAYS issues to deal with. So it's not cool to give a date when they don't know for sure. Looking at the anticipation/disappointment with the wait so far, just imagine what this thread would look like if MVP had given specific dates and had to push them back.
MVP released it on their website, it's not like the soviet's broke in and downloaded the Volt folder to zip disc, then took off in their submarine. I'm not worked up at all, just fun with hyperbole and I get a little tired of apologists. They can give a simple update if they had a delay, that would do nothing but positive things for them. They aren't required, they don't have to, but if you want to break in to the disc golf world maybe you should break the mold.

Not the volt mold tho
  #2556  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 AM
jtreadwell's Avatar
jtreadwell jtreadwell is offline
Wizard of Plastic Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern NH
Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
MVP released it on their website, it's not like the soviet's broke in and downloaded the Volt folder to zip disc, then took off in their submarine. I'm not worked up at all, just fun with hyperbole and I get a little tired of apologists. They can give a simple update if they had a delay, that would do nothing but positive things for them. They aren't required, they don't have to, but if you want to break in to the disc golf world maybe you should break the mold.

Not the volt mold tho
Considering they have a 250 page thread plus dozens more, legions of fans, a new way to make discs (overmolds and gyro tech), and great sales with only two types of plastic and no available drivers, I'd say they've broken into the disc golf world and broken the mold just fine, eh?
  #2557  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Dyoel182 Dyoel182 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 275
When I start seeing normal folks using them out in the wild I'll really consider them a market player.
  #2558  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 AM
pspunch's Avatar
pspunch pspunch is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
Considering they have a 250 page thread plus dozens more, legions of fans, a new way to make discs (overmolds and gyro tech), and great sales with only two types of plastic and no available drivers, I'd say they've broken into the disc golf world and broken the mold just fine, eh?
You're 100% right. The discs are great, they're an innovative company, great quality control. I'm not an MVP basher at all, I joke and have fun but hopefully it never comes across as hating. I don't have a problem holding their feet to the fire though. A little update would be easy, honesty is refreshing to me.
  #2559  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Posts: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
You're 100% right. The discs are great, they're an innovative company, great quality control. I'm not an MVP basher at all, I joke and have fun but hopefully it never comes across as hating. I don't have a problem holding their feet to the fire though. A little update would be easy, honesty is refreshing to me.
This is almost like starting every equipment thread with "I searched and didn't find anything"

lol @ dgcr'isms
 

  #2560  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 AM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
They can give a simple update if they had a delay, that would do nothing but positive things for them.
When MVP started up this was their common-sense philosophy as well... Experience taught them otherwise. It is better to say nothing than say something that proves wrong. People who have been on the forums for some time have seen these issues play out before with other companies that made promises in the form of dates, only to have to break them.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.