Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
I don't really care how long it takes, but an update would be nice. If they do drop in and read this forum, drop a little note saying we had a delay here and there but we're thinking xy/za/12 as a tentative date. That's what's frustrating, they dropped the info way before they could deliver the goods
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
I don't really care how long it takes, but an update would be nice. If they do drop in and read this forum, drop a little note saying we had a delay here and there but we're thinking xy/za/12 as a tentative date. That's what's frustrating, they dropped the info way before they could deliver the goods
Remember MVP did not drop the info, it simply is public when a disc is approved. It is important for manufacturers to get discs approved as early as possible in case there is an unforeseen issue that needs to be fixed. If MVP could give an accurate and specific timetable they would, but molding discs is as much art as science and there are ALWAYS issues to deal with. So it's not cool to give a date when they don't know for sure. Looking at the anticipation/disappointment with the wait so far, just imagine what this thread would look like if MVP had given specific dates and had to push them back.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
To need re-approval I believe the mold/pieces need to have been changed.
I don't believe this is true. Innova changes molds on discs without sending them in for re-approval. I think if they keep the same name than it is good to go.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 35
Send a message via AIM to inscho
Quote:
just imagine what this thread would look like if MVP had given specific dates and had to push them back.

Yeah man.. It'd be like Grip 2.0 fiasco!!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Remember MVP did not drop the info, it simply is public when a disc is approved. It is important for manufacturers to get discs approved as early as possible in case there is an unforeseen issue that needs to be fixed. If MVP could give an accurate and specific timetable they would, but molding discs is as much art as science and there are ALWAYS issues to deal with. So it's not cool to give a date when they don't know for sure. Looking at the anticipation/disappointment with the wait so far, just imagine what this thread would look like if MVP had given specific dates and had to push them back.
MVP released it on their website, it's not like the soviet's broke in and downloaded the Volt folder to zip disc, then took off in their submarine. I'm not worked up at all, just fun with hyperbole and I get a little tired of apologists. They can give a simple update if they had a delay, that would do nothing but positive things for them. They aren't required, they don't have to, but if you want to break in to the disc golf world maybe you should break the mold.

Not the volt mold tho
Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
MVP released it on their website, it's not like the soviet's broke in and downloaded the Volt folder to zip disc, then took off in their submarine. I'm not worked up at all, just fun with hyperbole and I get a little tired of apologists. They can give a simple update if they had a delay, that would do nothing but positive things for them. They aren't required, they don't have to, but if you want to break in to the disc golf world maybe you should break the mold.

Not the volt mold tho
Considering they have a 250 page thread plus dozens more, legions of fans, a new way to make discs (overmolds and gyro tech), and great sales with only two types of plastic and no available drivers, I'd say they've broken into the disc golf world and broken the mold just fine, eh?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Birdie Member

When I start seeing normal folks using them out in the wild I'll really consider them a market player.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
Considering they have a 250 page thread plus dozens more, legions of fans, a new way to make discs (overmolds and gyro tech), and great sales with only two types of plastic and no available drivers, I'd say they've broken into the disc golf world and broken the mold just fine, eh?
You're 100% right. The discs are great, they're an innovative company, great quality control. I'm not an MVP basher at all, I joke and have fun but hopefully it never comes across as hating. I don't have a problem holding their feet to the fire though. A little update would be easy, honesty is refreshing to me.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
You're 100% right. The discs are great, they're an innovative company, great quality control. I'm not an MVP basher at all, I joke and have fun but hopefully it never comes across as hating. I don't have a problem holding their feet to the fire though. A little update would be easy, honesty is refreshing to me.
This is almost like starting every equipment thread with "I searched and didn't find anything"

lol @ dgcr'isms

Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
They can give a simple update if they had a delay, that would do nothing but positive things for them.
When MVP started up this was their common-sense philosophy as well... Experience taught them otherwise. It is better to say nothing than say something that proves wrong. People who have been on the forums for some time have seen these issues play out before with other companies that made promises in the form of dates, only to have to break them.
Closed Thread