Disc Golf Center
Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Took a trip up to GGGT today and they had stacks upon stacks of the new tooled ions, i couldn't keep myself from buying one. Much better imo. Great job MVP!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 34
anywhere else have the new soft ions?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Not that I know of. Get one when you can though, I definitely fell in love all over again with this disc.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
Perhaps.
The Neutron? I just check my email everyday hoping for the "you've got something in the mail" message from MVP!!!

Since I first fell in love with the Ion all I've wanted is an MVP disc to replace my Buzzz. I loved my Voodoos/Wizards/Warlocks, but when the Ion came out it simply outperformed all of them due to the more gyroscopic weight distribution while still performing the same lines for me. I know when this technology is applied to a neutral mid that it is going to be the best one we've seen. As much as I love my Buzzzes, throwing discs like the Vector and the Fuse have kind of gotten me addicted to the effortless glide, and I feel like I have to throw my Buzzz harder in comparison. I need a neutral mid with that magic glide like the Ion and Vector...So in short, there is no mold now or in the future that MVP could make that will interest me more than a neutral mid. That slot is the backbone of my golf game.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
...So in short, there is no mold now or in the future that MVP could make that will interest me more than a neutral mid weighing less than 170 grams.
Glad to see that you've joined the campaign of persistent whining, discspeed. And no, patience is not one of my virtues.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
cry...no light MVP discs...cry
If more woman played it would be more economical for them to make more girl discs.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
Quote:
If more woman played it would be more economical for them to make more girl discs.
You mean discs for real men who can control their shots. (and, of course, creaky old farts like me)

But hey, I'd like to see more women playing.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
The Neutron? I just check my email everyday hoping for the "you've got something in the mail" message from MVP!!!
Is that the planned name or just something you are throwing out there?

Still have a spot in the bag reserved for a neutral MVP mid; right between my Hornets and Fuse; and if it flies like it does in my dreams, I just might not need another mid. lol

I know its high expectations for a disc that hasn't been announced or even officially said to be in the works, but its the same things you mention to where I would rather carry just 1 neutral mid than team them up and just shape lines with it, but the length I get effortlessly from the Fuse and Hornet (where you say you use the vector) I do not see in the neutral mid category from anything like current Buzzz and Core varieties.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 5
Quote:

Since I first fell in love with the Ion all I've wanted is an MVP disc to replace my Buzzz. I loved my Voodoos/Wizards/Warlocks, but when the Ion came out it simply outperformed all of them due to the more gyroscopic weight distribution while still performing the same lines for me. I know when this technology is applied to a neutral mid that it is going to be the best one we've seen. As much as I love my Buzzzes, throwing discs like the Vector and the Fuse have kind of gotten me addicted to the effortless glide, and I feel like I have to throw my Buzzz harder in comparison. I need a neutral mid with that magic glide like the Ion and Vector...So in short, there is no mold now or in the future that MVP could make that will interest me more than a neutral mid. That slot is the backbone of my golf game.
Just curious, if you like the flight of the Buzzz but want more glide, why don't you throw the Core?

Old 04-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 7
MVP- for your neutral mid, please consider a flat top. This is how the Buzzz originally came molded and now the most current trend is to make domed top mids. This is not a great feature for us that like to flick mids. RHFH shots just feel more accurate if the disc im throwing is flat top and I know Im not alone on this. Just my 2 cents... keep up the Kaizan!!!
Closed Thread