#2751  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM
UnitedPuppySlayer's Avatar
UnitedPuppySlayer UnitedPuppySlayer is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mpls, Minnesota
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,741
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I completely forgot that they don't do injection molding... but that's not to say you can't get the same feel/grip from an injection mold.

As for breaking in discs, it takes a while. The only other plastic, that I've found, of disc that doesn't break in as fast as MVP's, isn't even plastic, but rubber. (Vibram)
Sponsored Links
  #2752  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 PM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 89
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Only problem is the disc would be way heavy. BTW, overmold plastic is pretty much the same as their other plastics dyed black and heavily weighted with either an agent or glow additive.
The feel of the rim on eclipse plastic is so much better than the core. It has a baseline texture with high performance durability.
  #2753  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:48 PM
notroman's Avatar
notroman notroman is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Highland Park, IL
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Only problem is the disc would be way heavy. BTW, overmold plastic is pretty much the same as their other plastics dyed black and heavily weighted with either an agent or glow additive.
Crazy, it doesn't feel the same at all.

I like how MVP discs feel in my hand. None of them really made it in the bag for some reason though.
  #2754  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM
notroman's Avatar
notroman notroman is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Highland Park, IL
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
As for breaking in discs, it takes a while. The only other plastic, that I've found, of disc that doesn't break in as fast as MVP's, isn't even plastic, but rubber. (Vibram)
That's a bummer. I personally love to cycle my mids/putters. I always carry those in base plastic for that reason. Drivers on the other hand I prefer in premium plastics simply because the wider rimmed discs seem to beat in faster. Maybe when MVP finally gets that driver out I'll give it a shot.
  #2755  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
The feel of the rim on eclipse plastic is so much better than the core. It has a baseline texture with high performance durability.
Yes, I too would love if MVP could make the cores feel like the overmolds.
  #2756  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 89
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Yes, I too would love if MVP could make the cores feel like the overmolds.
You should sneak in and make some nightshift ions (if you can figure out how)
  #2757  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
plex plex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 330
MVP to do list:

- Release Volt
- Add a more stiff version of plastic to the current soft->medium->(stiff? obviously somethings missing here)
- Possibly Experiment with new polymer formulas to try and make a new feeling, non-glossy plastic
- Release an under stable mindrange
- Release another fairway driver
  #2758  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:55 PM
plex plex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
The feel of the rim on eclipse plastic is so much better than the core. It has a baseline texture with high performance durability.
YES!! i just noticed that.. why cant they make the whole disc feel that way?!

good call
  #2759  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
aajpity's Avatar
aajpity aajpity is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Crystal, MN
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
MVP to do list:

- Release Volt
- Add a more stiff version of plastic to the current soft->medium->(stiff? obviously somethings missing here)
- Possibly Experiment with new polymer formulas to try and make a new feeling, non-glossy plastic
- Release an under stable mindrange
- Release another fairway driver
How about we focus on the getting Soft Neutron, Neutron Axis & Vector, and the Volt released in Proton and Neutron. That's enough for them to work on until at least next Summer.
 

  #2760  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 89
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
YES!! i just noticed that.. why cant they make the whole disc feel that way?!

good call
Speculation says it would be to heavy
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.