Old 08-24-2012, 04:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
MVP to do list:

- Release Volt
- Add a more stiff version of plastic to the current soft->medium->(stiff? obviously somethings missing here)
- Possibly Experiment with new polymer formulas to try and make a new feeling, non-glossy plastic
- Release an under stable mindrange
- Release another fairway driver
I'm pretty sure all of those will happen except for stiffer plastic. As I posted before the PDGA is now enforcing the flexibility test, and the way proton is currently is already at the upper end of the PDGA's rigidity limit.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
YES!! i just noticed that.. why cant they make the whole disc feel that way?!

good call
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Speculation says it would be to heavy
That would be if they used exactly the overmold blend. It may not be out of MVP's ability to get a similar feel in the core though.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Speculation says it would be to heavy
they could use the same plastic of the overmold without adding the weight agent or w/e they use to make it heavier. this would be an AMAZING feeling disc with super durability.

and its only speculation, no one here has any idea if it can be done or not, so its worth trying to get MVPs attention to it and see if they can make it happen.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
I like how people with real questions get passed by because others like to bicker. God it's unbelievable how pissed some of you get. It makes me wonder if you guys are inebriated when you come on here, even then that's no excuse. I think a good anger-management course would suit some of you well.

And to those who get mad about some useless posts, get over it this is a 'discussion' thread meaning any and all MVP questions, statements, and stupid statements/questions should be recognized. Not the bickering settle that junk on the course/pool table.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
they could use the same plastic of the overmold without adding the weight agent or w/e they use to make it heavier. this would be an AMAZING feeling disc with super durability.

and its only speculation, no one here has any idea if it can be done or not, so its worth trying to get MVPs attention to it and see if they can make it happen.
I agree
Old 08-24-2012, 04:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
I like how people with real questions get passed by because others like to bicker. God it's unbelievable how pissed some of you get. It makes me wonder if you guys are inebriated when you come on here, even then that's no excuse. I think a good anger-management course would suit some of you well.

And to those who get mad about some useless posts, get over it this is a 'discussion' thread meaning any and all MVP questions, statements, and stupid statements/questions should be recognized. Not the bickering settle that junk on the course/pool table.
Shhh, we just got this train back on track.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

The weighting agent is what makes it feel the way it does, otherwise it's just urethane like the rest of the disc.

It's not totally speculation...I talked with Chad and Brad about this exact thing less than two months ago on my visit, so I'm kind of giving you what they told me.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just add blizzard technology!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The weighting agent is what makes it feel the way it does, otherwise it's just urethane like the rest of the disc.

It's not totally speculation...I talked with Chad and Brad about this exact thing less than two months ago on my visit, so I'm kind of giving you what they told me.
Maybe there is something else they can add that wont make it weigh more yet give a different feel? or maybe use the same plastic with weight agent, but pull off what innova does and put little bubbles in the core plastic to make it lighter? LOL im getting a little desperate here..

Old 08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Just put a little less kryptonite in the core plastic.
Closed Thread