Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 72
I have 2 S "Stormtrooper" Ions and I prefer the old opaque runs to the new clear ones. I picked up a couple N Anodes because I prefer the feel of MVPs opaque plastics and was hoping I would like Neutron. I really do and I am glad I purchased them. To me, N Anodes seem less domey than P Anodes, more like Ions. I really like the feel of N plastic and kind of "middle of the road" stiffness. I find the flight of the Anode to be slighlty faster, have more glide and less fade as compared to an Ion. I can't really compare with P Anodes because I don't have much experience throwing them. I prefer Neutron to Proton as far as feel goes, although S P Ions are really nice! Overall if you are thowing Ions, I would recommend throwing Anodes, I think it is the stronger mold. And I definately recommend it in N plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Anyone else throwing a beat to snot ion? I have one that will flip up flat from a good hyzer and will flip over when thrown nice and level.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I really like my N Ions and Anode. Still keep one P Anode in my bag that has been beaten/warped into a nice turnover approach disc.

Anyone else find the Anode, regardless of plastic, to be more HSS than the Ion, or is this just me?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Anyone else find the Anode, regardless of plastic, to be more HSS than the Ion, or is this just me?
It may be because its a little faster? I haven't thrown an anode in a while but every time i do I am like dang that thing is fast! I do get a little more movement out of the ion than i like though, so maybe i will have to revisit the anode.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Since this was deleted in the censorship would you mind answering this question again.
If i remember correctly there were 2 runs of textured bottoms. The first run has an un even overmold and the second run got the bead more uniform. I am not an expert though so no flames.

opaque non textured were the 3rd run. Than i believe it was on to proton.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I doubt they were all done at the same time, but probably damn near, seeing how the Vector was the next disc to come out and that was only a few months before the Ion got retooled. The people calling the 3rd run Ions 2nd runs need to be corrected and educated.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
If i remember correctly there were 2 runs of textured bottoms. The first run has an un even overmold and the second run got the bead more uniform. I am not an expert though so no flames.

opaque non textured were the 3rd run. Than i believe it was on to proton.
From what I heard that was the first time they tried the Medium plastic out. I am more interested in the terminology of calling the opaque ions 2nd runs. Were they all done during one run or were there multiple runs? If so how do you know which are 2nd runs, 3rd runs and so on.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I doubt they were all done at the same time, but probably damn near, seeing how the Vector was the next disc to come out and that was only a few months before the Ion got retooled. The people calling the 3rd run Ions 2nd runs need to be corrected and educated.
How do you tell the third runs from the second runs?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Funny how we are all discussing a question that just disappeared to censorship. Hard to maintain a conversation.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
From what I heard that was the first time they tried the Medium plastic out. I am more interested in the terminology of calling the opaque ions 2nd runs. Were they all done during one run or were there multiple runs? If so how do you know which are 2nd runs, 3rd runs and so on.
2nd run had a lower overmold and was uneven. This is the true way to tell if its a 2nd run.

3rd run the overmold was sat higher on the disc exposing the bead and was more uniform.

thats all i got
Closed Thread