Old 04-23-2011, 06:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbingster View Post
Just curious, if you like the flight of the Buzzz but want more glide, why don't you throw the Core?
It's too fast (the Buzzz is as fast as I want a straight mid, maybe already a bit too fast), the stability is a little suspect, and they are too inconsistent. I don't think the Core glides much more than the Buzzz, I think it just goes a little further due to having a longer wing/being a bit faster. I want something I can throw slow with a lot of spin and have it float straight to the basket.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thumbs up

love my vector, love my ion, love MVP. anything MVP will be in my bag. they do good work!

p.s. are you hiring
Old 04-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Birdie Member

Cool

also, if you ever feel the need to send someone discs to test out im your man!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 50
neutral and glidey sounds like a comet to me...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
A neutral mid with the gyroscopic technology would be absolutely bomb diggity! So much forward momentum with a straight flight. I probably shouldn't stand for a while now.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtencer View Post
neutral and glidey sounds like a comet to me...
I would like the Comet's strengths(neutrality and glide) without it's weaknesses (torque sensitivity, wind sensitivity). The Comet is very un-gyroscopic with a lot plastic in the flight plate and a pretty narrow wing and I think this is the source of it's weaknesses, so a more gyroscopic disc could have the potential to overcome them while retaining the straightness and glide. I think the Ion is sort of already proof that it can be done as it achieves great glide and a neutral flight while being torque and wind resistant, now we just need to see a faster version with more range.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I would like the Comet's strengths(neutrality and glide) without it's weaknesses (torque sensitivity, wind sensitivity). The Comet is very un-gyroscopic with a lot plastic in the flight plate and a pretty narrow wing and I think this is the source of it's weaknesses, so a more gyroscopic disc could have the potential to overcome them while retaining the straightness and glide. I think the Ion is sort of already proof that it can be done as it achieves great glide and a neutral flight while being torque and wind resistant, now we just need to see a faster version with more range.
Finally got my hands on a Z Comet today, couldn't try it out in wind and apparently I don't have any OAT to speak of because try as I might it wouldn't turn on me, more than a fraction anyway. If MVP comes out with a disc that's basically an overmolded Comet I'll probably disintegrate.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
Finally got my hands on a Z Comet today, couldn't try it out in wind and apparently I don't have any OAT to speak of because try as I might it wouldn't turn on me, more than a fraction anyway. If MVP comes out with a disc that's basically an overmolded Comet I'll probably disintegrate.
I think it's much more likely to be some incarnation of a Buzzz/Fiend type shape.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I think it's much more likely to be some incarnation of a Buzzz/Fiend type shape.
So do I, but one can always hope. It's the most truly neutral disc I've thrown, though I don't know how wind resistant you can get that shape even with overmolding.

Incidentally, I got my first look at the Buzzz SS yesterday and the flat wing instantly reminded me of the MD2.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Birdie Member

any updates on MVP's upcoming?!?! or a time frame to keep our eye out?
Closed Thread