#2791  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 AM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Posts: 2,269
So everyone know why we are talking about this. Here is the question again. I don't understand why this was deleted or my previous posts from earlier. I have not heard from the mods why I am being censored.

Reposted again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I have a brand new Proton Anode right here with me. Very little flex to it, and it definitely wouldn't flex with the benign motion of a putt. As Discspeed said before though, the "Medium" 2nd runs, along with the FR Vectors were VERY stiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Can it be verified that all the textured opaque discs were done during one run? I find this terminology to be somewhat deceptive. I would think that with how many of the textured ions there are floating around there would have been more than one run. I have also seen sellers calling anything opaque "2nd run" textured or not.
  #2792  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Lamp's Avatar
Lamp Lamp is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
So everyone know why we are talking about this. Here is the question again. I don't understand why this was deleted or my previous posts from earlier. I have not heard from the mods why I am being censored.
If you continue to question censorship then you will probably continue to be censored.
  #2793  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 AM
McJesus's Avatar
McJesus McJesus is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,024
I just thought of something. Maybe the reason they're taking so long coming out with the Axis, Vector, and Volt in Neutron plastic is because they want to make it stiffer than the putter's neutron plastic. Sorry if someone already posted this but it was kind of an epiphany for me.
  #2794  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 AM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,838
nahhh they are holding the release to help their forth quarter to drive the stock up before the colder season!!!
  #2795  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Posts: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
If you continue to question censorship then you will probably continue to be censored.
Why is it being censored in the first place?
  #2796  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:37 AM
McJesus's Avatar
McJesus McJesus is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
nahhh they are holding the release to help their forth quarter to drive the stock up before the colder season!!!
...........
You are probably right
  #2797  
Old 08-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Oklahyzer Oklahyzer is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I understand where you guys are coming from but there is no way that 270 pages aren't going to be discussion and speculation. I can see how some people would be a little pissed about having to search through pages and pages of discussion but I mean damn, isn't that what forums are about? Discussion?
Exactly...most forums are free-flowing. DGCR tends to devolve into chat, though, rather than discussion. Hadn't been on here in a week or so, checked this thread out and bam there are like a thousand new posts! lol. Only a handful of them were more than idle chat/bickering.


Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
Also, For you kids out there: I understand you like these soft discs because you think its cool or it feels like it will absorb chains better.. and that may be the case, but higher level players want consistency in grip, release, flight and you need to respect the fact that other people have different interests and viewpoints as far as disc characteristics go.
I'm not getting your point there. Plastic qualities do not affect consistency in any of the areas you listed...that's all on the thrower. In fact, the argument could be made that the softer/more flexible plastics are better for "consistency" because they generally recover from oat better. But yeah...it's all preference, and that's cool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
I would like to see a whole disc made from the eclipse rim plastic. I would be willing to spend the extra for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Only problem is the disc would be way heavy. BTW, overmold plastic is pretty much the same as their other plastics dyed black and heavily weighted with either an agent or glow additive(standard vs Eclipse).
I was thinking that a glow core with the eclipse rim would be money. They're nice and bright as is, but once they start getting a lot of sun or dirt/scuffing it dies down quite a bit, and then having just a glowing ring makes them a little harder to find in some situations. Using a glow core would be so awesome, and it seems like they should be able to do that and still make weight.
  #2798  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:36 AM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Posts: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I doubt they were all done at the same time, but probably damn near, seeing how the Vector was the next disc to come out and that was only a few months before the Ion got retooled. The people calling the 3rd run Ions 2nd runs need to be corrected and educated.
How do you tell the second runs from the third runs? Are you talking about when they retooled it?
  #2799  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 AM
BENFTS's Avatar
BENFTS BENFTS is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF & LA
Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
How do you tell the second runs from the third runs? Are you talking about when they retooled it?
on the bottom of the disc there is no raised texture.
 

  #2800  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:02 PM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Posts: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENFTS View Post
on the bottom of the disc there is no raised texture.
So all discs w/texture were done during a single run?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.