#2801  
Old 08-25-2012, 01:03 PM
UnitedPuppySlayer's Avatar
UnitedPuppySlayer UnitedPuppySlayer is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mpls, Minnesota
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,741
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENFTS View Post
on the bottom of the disc there is no raised texture.
This. Major differences in the tooling/appearance. Cool, the moved up the over mold 1mm, but it was still the exact same tooling. Most people would never even notice it without someone pointing it out.
Sponsored Links
  #2802  
Old 08-25-2012, 03:31 PM
plex plex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 330
what do you mean exactly when you say different tooling? can you give me a good deep understanding of this? Thanks, because i hear people use this term for other discs and i don't understand what they are saying..
  #2803  
Old 08-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Sid the Kid's Avatar
Sid the Kid Sid the Kid is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quincy, IL
Years Playing: 14.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 461
Different tooling means different mold piece.
  #2804  
Old 08-25-2012, 04:08 PM
plex plex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid the Kid View Post
Different tooling means different mold piece.
well if a "different mold piece" is used, how can you call that the same disc, unless the mold is 100% identical to the other one?

Last edited by plex; 08-25-2012 at 04:11 PM.
  #2805  
Old 08-25-2012, 04:10 PM
plex plex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I just thought of something. Maybe the reason they're taking so long coming out with the Axis, Vector, and Volt in Neutron plastic is because they want to make it stiffer than the putter's neutron plastic. Sorry if someone already posted this but it was kind of an epiphany for me.
I hope this is the case. A slightly more stiff driver is what i would want, compared to the putters in neutron which are softer than the medium proton plastics.
  #2806  
Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
UnitedPuppySlayer's Avatar
UnitedPuppySlayer UnitedPuppySlayer is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mpls, Minnesota
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,741
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
well if a "different mold piece" is used, how can you call that the same disc, unless the mold is 100% identical to the other one?
It's the same mold without the "tooling" aka the textured bottom and the lettering (Maple Valley Plastics).
  #2807  
Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Sid the Kid's Avatar
Sid the Kid Sid the Kid is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quincy, IL
Years Playing: 14.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
well if a "different mold piece" is used, how can you call that the same disc, unless the mold is 100% identical to the other one?
They rarely are identical. That is the reason people even talk about toolings, ya dig? New pdga approval is not necessary for mold repairs, but it is for new discs with new names.
  #2808  
Old 08-25-2012, 06:16 PM
jubuttib's Avatar
jubuttib jubuttib is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid the Kid View Post
They rarely are identical. That is the reason people even talk about toolings, ya dig? New pdga approval is not necessary for mold repairs, but it is for new discs with new names.
Yep, it's that silly. You can even make a new disc and keep the old name without having to reapprove it, to an extent.
  #2809  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
I hope this is the case. A slightly more stiff driver is what i would want, compared to the putters in neutron which are softer than the medium proton plastics.
The proto neutron Volts I threw felt stiffer than the neutron Ions/Anodes.
 

  #2810  
Old 08-25-2012, 09:39 PM
mndiscg mndiscg is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 352
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 704
Picked up an Anode today and threw a round with it. I don't know what to think about it yet.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.