Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
Dye wearing out?
Yeah, its called using your discs. Weather, wear and tear, well the tear part is only blizzard flight plates but I think you get the overall idea.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
Yeah, its called using your discs. Weather, wear and tear, well the tear part is only blizzard flight plates but I think you get the overall idea.
No...Dye doesn't "wear out" or off...It fades and blurs a little. But it never goes away or rubs off.

Edit: Oh ...and blizzard flight plates are not the only thing that can get punctured or ripped...

Last edited by the_pwnerator; 08-28-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
for real? dyes fade yes. but wear out? Sorry Wrong
Old 08-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Okay sorry! they FADE. People are sticklers for words. I guess I should have been specific that I meant fade.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Bought a proton Ion on Saturday and I'm enjoying it so far. Flies like a cross between a Rhyno and an Aviar and doesn't have the deep rim that can catch my finger like the Aviar.

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with the two pieces separating at all. I've hit some trees plenty hard trying it out for driving on some shorter holes and haven't had any gouges or separating so far but would like to hear from others. I would like to keep this disc for a couple of years at least if things keep going this well with it. Seems like once it gets seasoned some it will be nearly perfect for me.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Bought a proton Ion on Saturday and I'm enjoying it so far. Flies like a cross between a Rhyno and an Aviar and doesn't have the deep rim that can catch my finger like the Aviar.

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems with the two pieces separating at all. I've hit some trees plenty hard trying it out for driving on some shorter holes and haven't had any gouges or separating so far but would like to hear from others. I would like to keep this disc for a couple of years at least if things keep going this well with it. Seems like once it gets seasoned some it will be nearly perfect for me.
I've heard stories about the very early runs having problems with the overmold partially separating. But that is still VERY unlikely. They are fused together so they're stuck like glue (better actually!).

The overmold is easily the most durable material I've seen in a disc so far. I hit A LOT of trees and all of my discs have held up great. Good luck seasoning it. MVP discs take a beating before they change much. Easily one of the longest lasting materials used in disc golf.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
I've heard stories about the very early runs having problems with the overmold partially separating. But that is still VERY unlikely. They are fused together so they're stuck like glue (better actually!).

The overmold is easily the most durable material I've seen in a disc so far. I hit A LOT of trees and all of my discs have held up great. Good luck seasoning it. MVP discs take a beating before they change much. Easily one of the longest lasting materials used in disc golf.
That's good to hear. And I agree on that plastic on the outer rim. I hit a few trees with direct blows and you can't find a dent or gouge anywhere
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
I'm smart! But the name's not Alex...
It's actually Alec, or aleck.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 5
Hey Mike I have a question for you but your PM Inbox is full.
Closed Thread