Old 09-08-2012, 01:52 PM
* Ace Member *

I've been absolutely loving my yellow 175 N Anode...It's the most versatile Anode in my arsenal in terms of driving as it seems to hold it's angle of release the truest. It also handles low ceiling better than any of my other MVP putters, and this is key on several holes on one of my home courses that are putter distance but have low hanging branches. I'm not sure if speed or glide or a combination of both is responsible for this low ceiling advantage. I also noticed something curious about my N Anode...It sounds quite a bit different on a solid tree hit, with much more of a "WONK" sound than the Ps.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've been absolutely loving my yellow 175 N Anode...It's the most versatile Anode in my arsenal in terms of driving as it seems to hold it's angle of release the truest. It also handles low ceiling better than any of my other MVP putters, and this is key on several holes on one of my home courses that are putter distance but have low hanging branches. I'm not sure if speed or glide or a combination of both is responsible for this low ceiling advantage. I also noticed something curious about my N Anode...It sounds quite a bit different on a solid tree hit, with much more of a "WONK" sound than the Ps.
Have you thrown a Lat. 64 Medius premiere edition against a tree - http://www.altitudediscgolf.com/serv...-Driver/Detail if so is that the sound you are describing?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
Have you thrown a Lat. 64 Medius premiere edition against a tree - http://www.altitudediscgolf.com/serv...-Driver/Detail if so is that the sound you are describing?
That seriously is the weirdest sound I have heard a disc make. The medius is just so rubbery feeling and sounds as such.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:00 PM
* Ace Member *

It's not nearly that wonky, but it has a dimension of that to it's sound.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I'm in love with my yellow n Anode. I was religious about putting with soft putters for years until I got the two test neutron Anodes. My last round I birdied a lot of the hardest holes on my home course during doubles, drilling 5 40-60' lasers. I just ordered two more yellows for practicing putts and a pair of whites to drive with. I don't know what it is about them that made me switch to the firmer blend but it's been working well for me.

They are also glide machines off the tee. I've been having such clean shots on anything under 300' with them. I used to use soft putters for everything, only threw mediums when I was testing out new putters MVP sent me, but these Neutrons have me converted for putts and drives.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
^^^ It probably seems like hyperbole to the outsider, but Neutron plastic has a truly great feel. It's really that good. And I'm saying this as someone who says "it doesn't matter what you throw." I gaurantee that MVP would see some converts if Wizard, and Aviar throwers tried out the Neutron Ion, or Anode.

For putters, Neutron is the perfect combo of grip, and firmness. Can't wait to see how it handles for the rest of MVP's lineup.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Looking at my Neutron Anode and Proton Anodes side by side on a flat table, and holding them in my hands, I think the Neutrons are just a tiny bit flatter. Maybe this makes them fly a hair faster?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

I'm still waiting for that dang volt, but my wraith and teebird will cover the gaps for now
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
So... is MVP ever going to release Neutron Soft plastic? Just wondering.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
No body knows yet, except for maybe Chad and Brad.
Closed Thread