Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
Neutron seems to be exactly like proton but opaque. Just me?
Slightly softer and slightly more gummy. To me at least.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
My Neutron discs are just a tiny bit shorter than the Protons if you lay them on a flat surface and compare them. They also seem a pinch more grippy and flexible than the regular Protons. I feel like they glide a hair better but it could just be in my head. Any differences are really minor though.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I agree that most of the wear on a traditional disc is on the wing/nose of the disc, but in the case with MVP, as I'm sure you know, it's about the bead.
True true, I will agree with that.

For what it is worth, I play with a non textured opaque 166g stormtrooper at Buffalo ridge all the time. The bead has taken very minimal damage. Buffalo ridge is one of the most unforgiving courses in existence when it comes to damaging discs. I bet these neutrons will be fine.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 52
Just picked up an axis and I have played about 3 rounds with it and it flies nothing like its supposed to, flies very similar to my vector which is overstable. From what Ive read on here, the axis is supposed to be straight to understable. I thought MVP was all about consistency??
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 14
If you go buy 3 more, I'll bet they will be consistent! Consistency, for any company would be the same mold with the same plastic flies the same. ALL disc companies are going to have variance between plastics of the same mold.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Just picked up an axis and I have played about 3 rounds with it and it flies nothing like its supposed to, flies very similar to my vector which is overstable. From what Ive read on here, the axis is supposed to be straight to understable. I thought MVP was all about consistency??
There are some that don't fly like the vast majority. But from my own experience throwing the Axis ( I love it, new favorite disc, it booted Rocs from my bag, first time since I started playing that I have no Rocs in my bag) that maybe you nosed it up and/or didn't put enough spin on it. Others have said, and I have discovered for myself, that these disc like spin. Snap. I have found that if I get the nose up a little too much, and/or don't snap it/spin it enough it will stall out and fade.

Or perhaps you got a freak one.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Is it domey or flat? In my experience domey axi = overstable, flat = neutral.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Birdie Member

something else I thought of. Axis is very much point and shoot. Whatever angle you release on, it will usually hold till the very end, or, near very end (95%) of its flight.

So if you put a micro hyzer angle on it even, it will hyzer all the way. You have to release very flat for a flat straight, or flat slight turn, shot.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
something else I thought of. Axis is very much point and shoot. Whatever angle you release on, it will usually hold till the very end, or, near very end (95%) of its flight.

So if you put a micro hyzer angle on it even, it will hyzer all the way. You have to release very flat for a flat straight, or flat slight turn, shot.
This ^^^

It seems counter-intuitive, especially because I'm used to having my stable to neutral discs snap up flat off a hyzer release. The Axis simply refuses to do this. Put it out flat, it'll fly straight. Give it hyzer, it'll fly the line. Give it anny, and man-oh-man will it hold that line. The only compliments I seem to get these days are from people watching that Axis hold an anhyzer.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Birdie Member

The axis has improved my game alot, and mainly due to its line holding abilities, especially the anhyzer line.
Closed Thread