Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
BTW, I haven't heard or seen from anywhere how the N plastic takes dye...Anyone try it yet?
Marshall Street has a dyed N Anode for sale. Looks pretty sweet too.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Just ordered a White Vector and a Black Axis. I am ****ing stoked to get these bitches, plus I got a Pink Neutron Anode to replace my soft which got eaten by the river in the mail which should get here tommorrow. I am stoked to get my neutron on.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM
* Ace Member *

I like the Neutron Axis and they have been fun to throw so far...but holy cow I love the Neutron Vectors. They are faster and longer, something I really appreciate in a Vector. My flat red 173.5g Vector is the best new midrange disc I've tested in years, and may already be my favorite MVP mid. It is really fast, at least as fast as a low profile Buzzz. The glide is also comparable to a Buzzz, so this thing really gets out there. The stability is about halfway between a new Z Buzzz and a new Vector. It really loves to lock onto a line, but fights out at the end much better than a Buzzz, making it more versatile when thrown with anny. It is going to be taking a lot of shots away from my beat FR Vector, but that is not a bad thing...As long as I can procure a stack of these babies.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I like the Neutron Axis and they have been fun to throw so far...but holy cow I love the Neutron Vectors. They are faster and longer, something I really appreciate in a Vector. My flat red 173.5g Vector is the best new midrange disc I've tested in years, and may already be my favorite MVP mid. It is really fast, at least as fast as a low profile Buzzz. The glide is also comparable to a Buzzz, so this thing really gets out there. The stability is about halfway between a new Z Buzzz and a new Vector. It really loves to lock onto a line, but fights out at the end much better than a Buzzz, making it more versatile when thrown with anny. It is going to be taking a lot of shots away from my beat FR Vector, but that is not a bad thing...As long as I can procure a stack of these babies.
Would you say it can still fit in the bag well enough with a Buzzz?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 PM
* Ace Member *

I'd want a Vector that was a little more overstable than my red one to pair with a Buzzz to avoid overlap.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Hmmm, interesting. I'll give my new Vector a shot, but I recently reinvested in Buzzzes. Good thing there is always the Marketplace...
Old 09-29-2012, 12:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Going to give my thoughts on the plastic in general, then breaking my review down disc by disc.

Overall, I love these things. The plastic feels really great in these mid molds. They glide like no other, and I'm hoping they'll gain more as the age. Very grippy, as we already knew from the N Anodes and Ions.

Pink 178 Axis: Has a moderate dome to it, and it mimics a domey P Axis. VERY HSS, and fairly LSS. Zero turn at all when throw with a hyzer, or flat, but will still hold an anny pretty well. It will fight out of it's a really shallow anny, or if thrown high enough. Didn't have more than 2mph of wind today to test in a head wind, but I'm pretty confident that it'll do just fine.

Blue 175 Axis: Pretty damn flat. My favorite of my two Axes that I got. Has just a touch of turn to it, and glides for days. It'll hold any anny I put on it, no matter how shallow it may be. Very very minimal fade with this one. I'm talking maybe 20" when thrown with good speed and snap. I don't feel that these Axes are faster in N plastic than P, but they definitely glide more.

Both Vectors were practically the same at 175g and super flat. These things, unlike the Axes, seemed a lot faster than their Proton brethren. The Vectors were also very HSS, any hyzer and they're holding it and fading hard at the end. When thrown flat these things glide for a while then a pretty predominant fade kicks in. I really wish I had some wind these last couple days to test them in.

All in all, these guys are kicking all of the my mids but one, which is my flippy Axis.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 14
Man.... I had just put the buzzzes back in the bag. I was rocking the Axis/Vector combo but that left a slight gap where my buzzzes currently reside. Now though... I may have to throw these N Axis and Vectors... more money I didn't have.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 20
How big a difference in grip versus neutron? I ask because I recently got a max weight first run axis and didn't like how slick it was so I traded it. I could not get the distance out of it I get from my max weight KC pro and DX Rocs because it felt like I couldn't get a secure enough grip. Honestly I've always struggled with the feel of premium plastic midranges but am again intrigued by MVP. I wonder if a lighter proton Axis or Vector would give me what I'm looking for in distance if the grip is nice. For reference I can get Rocs out around 280'.
Closed Thread