Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Completely uncalled for.....
In all honesty I am for it. If this thread was bumped half as much I would be happy.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Alright, maybe some people on here can help me out a bit. I am having trouble getting MVP mids to fly with much height off the ground. I thought it was just the heavy Axis I had at first, but I threw a lighter (171) Neutron Vector tonight literally straight into the ground 50 feet in front of me...twice.

Am I not snapping these puppies hard enough, or is there some trick to unlocking the MVP magic?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Alright, maybe some people on here can help me out a bit. I am having trouble getting MVP mids to fly with much height off the ground. I thought it was just the heavy Axis I had at first, but I threw a lighter (171) Neutron Vector tonight literally straight into the ground 50 feet in front of me...twice.

Am I not snapping these puppies hard enough, or is there some trick to unlocking the MVP magic?
Pretend there is a 8' or 10' ceiling and throw the disc so that it pops up and hits the ceiling flat on the top of the disc.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:

They do like to be thrown hard thanks to the gyrotech®.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:

Had the same problem when I first started throwing the Axis. Just gotta keep with it and give it a little more air and they'll be flying great.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:

How is it hitting the ground? On an anhyzer line? Flat? Hyzer? If its hitting 50' out on an anhyzer you are probably OATing it.

With my 171 axis had to actively make myself think "smooth throw". Which at first meant lower power. Then once I had my form down I can really rip on the axis for some nice drives
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
How is it hitting the ground? On an anhyzer line? Flat? Hyzer? If its hitting 50' out on an anhyzer you are probably OATing it.

With my 171 axis had to actively make myself think "smooth throw". Which at first meant lower power. Then once I had my form down I can really rip on the axis for some nice drives
This is just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between OAT and just throwing low into the ground... You never know, though.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
This is just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between OAT and just throwing low into the ground... You never know, though.
I didn't OAT it. It just kind of went straight down, similar to what happened when I threw an Axis before. I got a couple decent throws with it, just need to take it out for a full workout. Maybe the gyrotech making more weight in the rim throws me off. I'll try and concentrate on smooth and snap and see what happens. Thanks guys.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Could also be the curved inner rim makes you throw nose down

Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post