Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
And that is why I am bummed. The first run I have flies very straight like a Buzzz, but this new Neutron is way more HSS and LSS.
So now you can bag the first run proton AND the Neutron and have a buzzz AND wasp with the exact same rim. Sounds like a winning situation
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
And that is why I am bummed. The first run I have flies very straight like a Buzzz, but this new Neutron is way more HSS and LSS.
The Axis is not supposed to really be like a Buzzz...It has a very different profile, a glide dominant flight (buzzz has a speed dominant flight), and needs to be thrown differently. I've talked to MVP about making a more Buzzz-like mid and it's definitely a future possibility (check out my poll if you haven't alreadyhttp://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=73524).
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
So now you can bag the first run proton AND the Neutron and have a buzzz AND wasp with the exact same rim. Sounds like a winning situation
Gonna have to agree with MN on this one.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
Gonna have to agree with MN on this one.
Coming soon to an arena near you: Satan On Ice!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Btw UPS, you mentioned that upcoming tourney at BRP the other day, and I don't think I'm gonna make it I don't got a ride (21 years old and no license lol)
Sorry for getting off topic.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 69
I will just keep throwing the Buzzz. I really wanted to switch to MVP for all my putters and mids, but I can't change my game to work with their discs - I need discs that work with my game.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Birdie Member

So I got my storm trooper axis today, 175g, from community discs and noticed something. The overmold on it comes slightly further down the bead than my two month old purple proton and the orange eclipse I also got today. Its enough that you notice the difference running your finger over the edge, and you can see it as well. Anyone else notice this?

Also the flight plate to overmold transition is very smooth on the Neutron, there is a much less smooth transition. My purple proton has mostly a smooth transition but has a couple rough spots. Is this normal? I haven't had the opportunity to paw more than my own MVP discs.

The purple proton has a slight dome, the neutron is slightly flatter but still has done. The eclipse is by far the domiest.

Won't be able to put it through its paces till either Friday or Monday.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I will just keep throwing the Buzzz. I really wanted to switch to MVP for all my putters and mids, but I can't change my game to work with their discs - I need discs that work with my game.
I hear ya. The Buzzz is also one of the hardest mids to switch from because it owns lines that other mids just don't do. Even though it's been almost two years now since I gave up the Buzzz there are still times I'm stuck wondering what to throw on a 300'-340' straight shot with a low ceiling...
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I hear ya. The Buzzz is also one of the hardest mids to switch from because it owns lines that other mids just don't do. Even though it's been almost two years now since I gave up the Buzzz there are still times I'm stuck wondering what to throw on a 300'-340' straight shot with a low ceiling...
I remember when you were the guru of all things buzzz. But I know what you mean about it being hard to quit the buzzz.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I love my flat FR green Axis for this shot. Give it a bit of hyzer and watch it sail straight all the way to the basket. Of course, I have plenty of practice with this shot because my home course has a hole just like that.

I guess because it is flat that it doesn't have that predominant glide flight, but its slight understability keeps it in the air? Idk, it gets the job done.
Closed Thread