Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I hear ya. The Buzzz is also one of the hardest mids to switch from because it owns lines that other mids just don't do. Even though it's been almost two years now since I gave up the Buzzz there are still times I'm stuck wondering what to throw on a 300'-340' straight shot with a low ceiling...
Why not just throw a buzzz at it?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Why not just throw a buzzz at it?
My Buzzzes don't like to play second fiddle or to just sit in the bag for a few situations...They tend to let me down. The real issue is that I throw a Buzzz very different from other mids...Different angle of release, different height, different arm/spin ratio...and I guess I just don't have the wealth of muscle memory to keep it all together. So when I'm on with the Buzzz I'm not on with any of my other mids and vice versa. Then there is the Axis, which for me also takes a very particular throw...The Axis throw translates to getting better spin/technique with my other discs where the Buzzz has me arming everything. So I had to end my relationship with the Buzzz to take my game in the direction I wanted it to go (snap dominant, less effort, less movement on the teepad). I also only threw 2FR Buzzzes, which was another reason to switch because they are hard to find and inconsistent in stability.

Anyway, I've been really rekindling my love of the Axis in the past week. I didn't play a lot this year and I had been leaning on the Vector as it is more forgiving and predictable. The Axis allows for so much more touch. It is like a scalpel where the Vector is a butcher knife...The butcher knife is applicable in more situations and is easier to use, but the scalpel can do intricate things than the butcher knife simply cannot.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
Wait, can't any disc do that when thrown properly?
Nope. Drones suck at straight shots, magics have **** for wind fighting etc.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Nope. Drones suck at straight shots, magics have **** for wind fighting etc.
You should see me flick a drone with a ton of OAT (basically muscling it instead of giving it the finesse you need when flicking mids), it ends up fighting the OAT through the whole flight and goes incredibly straight until the last 15ft. I don't really have any use for this shot since I can do the same thing with an axis when thrown with proper form, it's just kinda something I discovered when I happened upon a drone a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Tmart; 10-04-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Nope... magics have **** for wind fighting etc.
You obviously don't throw with enough spin.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 69
The Anode and Vector seem nice and consistent in Neutron to me. But the Neutron Axis I have (177) seems to take more power than the Vector to get it to go straight. It had less fade, but had a surprising amount of HSS and it wanted to twist out of a turn immediately. My FR Axis at the same weight was much easier to let go flat and smooth and have a super straight flight.

I'm just disappointed because I like all my older MVP discs, but now they are very difficult to replace and it seems we will probably not see flight like them again. I do not like the clear Proton, so I patiently waited for opaque production (Neutron) only to find they are not what I want anymore. I hope I never lose my textured Ions, and I guess my FR Axis will just live in a box at home.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Anyway, I've been really rekindling my love of the Axis in the past week. I didn't play a lot this year and I had been leaning on the Vector as it is more forgiving and predictable. The Axis allows for so much more touch. It is like a scalpel where the Vector is a butcher knife...The butcher knife is applicable in more situations and is easier to use, but the scalpel can do intricate things than the butcher knife simply cannot.
I would say the Neutron Axi are the perfect blend of the two. Six sigma consistent late fade while being able to hold an anny to some degree.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosprint View Post
The Anode and Vector seem nice and consistent in Neutron to me. But the Neutron Axis I have (177) seems to take more power than the Vector to get it to go straight. It had less fade, but had a surprising amount of HSS and it wanted to twist out of a turn immediately. My FR Axis at the same weight was much easier to let go flat and smooth and have a super straight flight.

I'm just disappointed because I like all my older MVP discs, but now they are very difficult to replace and it seems we will probably not see flight like them again. I do not like the clear Proton, so I patiently waited for opaque production (Neutron) only to find they are not what I want anymore. I hope I never lose my textured Ions, and I guess my FR Axis will just live in a box at home.
Cheer up, you've only tried one N Axis....From what I hear there is some variance in dome, thus some variation in flight. I only have my 2 tester N Axis and they are both domey compared to my protons, so they fly kind of how you describe above. I'm interested in trying a flat N Axis. Is yours domier than your straight FR Axis?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNcyclone View Post
I would say the Neutron Axi are the perfect blend of the two. Six sigma consistent late fade while being able to hold an anny to some degree.
Yeah, if I were to do a one-mid round it would either be with my blue N Axis or my flat red N Vector.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Just got my Neutron Axis/Vector's in the mail today. 3 of each in varying weights/colors

It was so windy (20 mph gusts) that i could not throw my axis.. so i walked back to my car and threw them in the back seat.

The 3 Vectors i have seem to handle wind without a problem, i like that. Others said their Red Vectors seem to fly better and i would have to agree, after playing 9 holes my Red Vector@173g was going about 20' farther on avg and closer to the area i was aiming for. The neutron seems to float more than the proton at the end, it just keeps going and doesn't drop out so quickly.

Its really hard to give a good review at this point, it was so windy.

I will take out my Newish hardly thrown Proton Vector with a Neutron tomorow and compare 1on1, same with Axis.

I will try to make a good video comparing proton/neutron side by side, no guarantees it will be as sexy ask Mike C tho.
Closed Thread