Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
They almost bond to my skin with minimal pressure.
That's how my N Ion was in the high humidity in the summer. Tacky beyond belief. Now that's it's not so humid, it's the best stuff on earth.

I will definitely agree that how one feels grip is very subjective.

All I gotta say is that I'm loving my Neutron more with each round.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 47
The only way I would want MVP to do a baseline plastic is to make the whole disc out of it(no overmold) and only the Ion and Anode. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
...I think hard baseline grips like absolute crap, yet it's probably number one amongst the best players in the world. Should that mean anything to me? Not if the disc feels bad in my hands.
Agreed.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
The only way I would want MVP to do a baseline plastic is to make the whole disc out of it(no overmold) and only the Ion and Anode. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Baseline Ions and Anodes without being gyroscopically weighted with the overmold would basically be Wizards/BB Aviars and Warlocks/P&A Aviars...Fine discs, but not MVP's. The overmold is what makes MVP better.

I think MVP needs to continue to get their weights down because gyro discs near max weight take a good arm to get max benefit from. When you are throwing a 175g Ion, it's almost like you are throwing the outer rim of a 180g disc with the middle of a 160g disc. Snapping it is like snapping a 180g disc rather than a 175g disc. So MVP discs in the mid 160s would feel like throwing discs in the low 170s and so one. I think more people will be getting "super glide" out of MVP discs as they continue to get lighter. My 173 N Vector glides SO much more than my stiff 178 FR Protons...It's hard to believe they are the same mold.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
That's how my N Ion was in the high humidity in the summer. Tacky beyond belief. Now that's it's not so humid, it's the best stuff on earth.

I will definitely agree that how one feels grip is very subjective.

All I gotta say is that I'm loving my Neutron more with each round.
In the last week we have seen our highest humidity of the year...downright tropical rain forest humid. My Anode has been so tacky it has taken some adjustment (mostly gripping it just a bit looser) as it just feels weird. I've had to hand to a couple of other people just to make sure it's not just me. I put it upside down on several windshields and it would just stick where any other disc would slide down. What's a bit strange is that my regular soft proton Anodes, while still very grippy, aren't quite as tacky as my Eclipse. I know it's the same plastic, so I really wonder what the heck is up with that.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Baseline Ions and Anodes without being gyroscopically weighted with the overmold would basically be Wizards/BB Aviars and Warlocks/P&A Aviars...Fine discs, but not MVP's. The overmold is what makes MVP better.
Why I said I don't see it happening anytime soon. But it would be nice for mold minimizing.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
Why I said I don't see it happening anytime soon. But it would be nice for mold minimizing.
I would carry a baseline Anode to use in rain, but I think I would still want it to be weighted like my other Anodes or I think it would feel weird when I threw it (like a different disc).
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I would carry a baseline Anode to use in rain, but I think I would still want it to be weighted like my other Anodes or I think it would feel weird when I threw it (like a different disc).
For me it would only be for putting, and maybe some really short approaches. I have a very soft putt so I could never get used to the Ion*, so not having as much rim weight be good for me.

*Before people attack me- I know that it is me and not the putter. I use it for drives and approaches I just can't putt with it and that's ok.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.4
I think putters made from the overmold plastic would have a pretty good feel, though that's probably too much weight.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Baseline putters from MVP? No thanks.

Give me a 171 black Neutron Eclipse Axis.

And about 4-5 Neutron Eclipse Ions.
Closed Thread