Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Anodes don't work well when i need to hyzer a shot in around a tree or something, they are good for straight shots and that's about it. And even then the Anode misses right because im not used to no fade at the end.

My ION is more versatile, and fades slightly more like the putters im used to. it comes down to what your preference is..

If you like Wizards, challengers, magnet, get a ION.

Anode never worked well for me, i always miss right with it because it doesn't fade enough into the basket

Maybe its my large hands, so the bead on the ION doesn't get in the way for me.. Best putter i have ever used.

Thanks MVP
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
Anodes don't work well when i need to hyzer a shot in around a tree or something, they are good for straight shots and that's about it. And even then the Anode misses right because im not used to no fade at the end.

My ION is more versatile, and fades slightly more like the putters im used to. it comes down to what your preference is..

If you like Wizards, challengers, magnet, get a ION.

Anode never worked well for me, i always miss right with it because it doesn't fade enough into the basket

Maybe its my large hands, so the bead on the ION doesn't get in the way for me.. Best putter i have ever used.

Thanks MVP
Keep in mind now I'm only picking on you, it's fine to like Ions, but...Is it the Anode missing right or is it you? Also, if you want an Anode to hyzer around a tree, you throw it with hyzer. It doesn't flip if thrown clean...I did just realize though that I use softs/Neutrons which don't push through hyzers, but the reg protons do.

Like I said, love your Ions. I will say that I like the soft Anodes because they fade more than the reg protons Anodes. A little fade is a good thing, we definitely agree there.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 12
I was out goofing off today throwing standing still no x-step with a axis. Seemed that the disc flew wonderful but it seemed that it just stopped and then fell straight down. Not much glide is what I am getting at. I am curious if I don't have a big enough arm for this disc or if I was not generating enough arm speed for the disc to fly correctly. I did search for this topic but I am still not the best with the search function.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discskavenger View Post
I was out goofing off today throwing standing still no x-step with a axis. Seemed that the disc flew wonderful but it seemed that it just stopped and then fell straight down. Not much glide is what I am getting at. I am curious if I don't have a big enough arm for this disc or if I was not generating enough arm speed for the disc to fly correctly. I did search for this topic but I am still not the best with the search function.
Heavy Axis tend to do this when not thrown hard enough or with enough spin. I kind of like this because it makes them safe to approach with, but when I rip them off the tee they really glide at speed. I will say I'm looking forward to getting a lighter Axis one of these days...Lightest I've thrown is 176. I imagine a 170-174 would drop considerably less, especially at lower speeds. Either this or MVP needs to come out with a more understable mid that glides better at low speeds.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 PM
* Ace Member *

I let my ocd get the better of me today and I picked up a pancake flat 176 red N Axis, and 4 pancake flat N Vectors (2red/2orange) just like the one I got for a tester. That disc is the first MVP mid that I've clicked with absolutely immediately...So I needed a stash. It is as fast as with as much glide as a Buzzz, only with a more pronounced fade making it more versatile. The fade is quite forward as well with much less skip than I'm accustomed to with my heavy Protons.

I've got all those to try out/practice with and the Volt is coming on Thurs...I'm truly in MVP heaven.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 72
The Anode is great, but I prefer the bead, the added fade, and the slightly slower Ion.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
What? Anodes fly awesome hyzers. Check this out, very first time I ever threw one was on a hyzer.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
I really want to play that course
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I was thinking the same thing thug!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 AM