Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Eagle Member

Anodes will fly on beautiful hyzers, both high in the air and low power hyzers (where most discs would hyzer flip, it holds the hyzer line). The key is making sure you've put enough spin on the disc--if you don't, the disc won't have glide and it won't be as stable as it should be if thrown properly. The only time the Anode flipped on me (and it wasn't a mistake on my part) was when I tried to throw it high over a bunch of trees into a heavy headwind--it handles most wind well, but a 20-25mph headwind 30ft up in the air is a bit beyond the limit.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
So I might have found MVPs kryptonite: I left my bag in my car last night and it got cold. When I got up the next morning intent on throwing some discs the sun was shining on my bag and had warmed about half of each disc in my bag. So I'm out in the field and each disc is one half warm one half cold most all of my other discs are flying fine until I get to my Vectors and my Anode. The Anode being in the putter pocket was the warmest and least affected however it was flying considerably more understable than usual. My Proton Vectors (two FR one Eclipse) were stupidly understable to the point of almost being useless. This continued for about a half hour until the temp on each half of the disc had equalized then it was business as usual and everything was fine. I'm extremely glad this happened during field work and not during a morning tournament/league event and thought I would share so it doesn't happen to anyone when money is on the line.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
What? Anodes fly awesome hyzers. Check this out, very first time I ever threw one was on a hyzer.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Is it weird that I downloaded your video so I could watch it in slow motion to maybe learn a little bit what exactly you're doing with the hopes that maybe one day I could throw my anode like you do?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
Is it weird that I downloaded your video so I could watch it in slow motion to maybe learn a little bit what exactly you're doing with the hopes that maybe one day I could throw my anode like you do?
If you enable HTML5, you can have access to playback speed controls for most videos without downloading them.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 41
Oh damn. Raining all day. I will throw the Volt for sure but if its coming down too hard I might have to delay filming. We'll see how it is in a few hours...pics and flight impressions if nothing else.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 12
Not sure if I'm anticipating reading how it flies and first impressions more than I'm anticipating what soundtrack it gets on the video.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 41
Haha. Just got off work. It's cleared up a bit. Go time.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
Not sure if I'm anticipating reading how it flies and first impressions more than I'm anticipating what soundtrack it gets on the video.
Quote:
Go time.
requesting Queen - Invisible Man, and at some point you yell to the camera, "Mike C!"

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
If you enable HTML5, you can have access to playback speed controls for most videos without downloading them.
Thanks for the suggestion! Works great

Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Haha. Just got off work. It's cleared up a bit. Go time.

Well...we're waiting!
Closed Thread